PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Graphics Competition

Optimistichornet
25-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Would anyone feel inclined to enter something like this?

I would set a topic and the aim would be to create a sig and a desktop background for that topic. I would be happy to donate some orns to a prize fund, although as you can see they are on a rather limited front.

Hornmeister
25-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Np probs on the orns fornt. If your'e happy to run it just let me know how many orns you need as a prize.

Optimistichornet
26-08-2009, 12:04 AM
ahhh kl, would it also be possible to set up a secret poll, so that in the last week of each month users can vote for whichever graphics set they think is best.

Emmawfc
26-08-2009, 12:18 AM
I take part in SOTW's on other forums and really enjoy them. So i will definatly be up for this

krisvad
26-08-2009, 12:11 PM
I have a topic for this.

I have just started brewing beer and I need labels. So design a beer label is the challenge, poll to find the winner. I'll use winning label for my first brew. How does that sound?

Optimistichornet
26-08-2009, 06:10 PM
i like it, will definately put it in a comp.

krisvad
26-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Execellent. Let me know what you need from me if anything...

Emmawfc
26-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Sizes of labels, name of the beer, what percentage, where its brewed, who brews it etc.
:)

Optimistichornet
27-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Sizes of labels, name of the beer, what percentage, where its brewed, who brews it etc.

what she said :naughty:

krisvad
27-08-2009, 07:44 AM

Sizes of labels - No idea - make them scaleable? Otherwise let me get back to you. But size is also up to you designers too as I have no set rule of whether it's oval, square, diamond or whatever - as I ca't make up my mind. The bottles are 1 liter bottles.

name of the beer - first one I'm doing is a Woodforde Headcracker but I want it to have a different name - I have a few ideas such as "Caveman Ale", "Maagevej Strong Ale", "Maagevej Barley Ale" or simply "Gully" (not cricket related but Måge is Danish for seagull).

Percentage: 7%

It's brewed on "Mågevej" - but spell it Maagevej.

I have decided to name my nano-brewery "Maagevej Ølleri" so that's who brews it.

I am usually a no-frills kinda guy and feel a retro look would be most appropriate, BUT don't let that hold you back - do whatever you feel is the way to go. I won't decide - it will be a poll - so my taste doesn't come into it.

PS. The latin phrase: "Frunesco Altilis Laridae" must be somewhere on the label in small print.

krisvad
27-08-2009, 12:35 PM
This is my own entry - it's not very good and not what I want - but it's what I could do.

krisvad
28-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I thought about naming the beer something Watford realted. The Hornet's Sting or something.

But another name came up in another unrelated thread:

http://www.wfcforums.com/showpost.php?p=441545&postcount=173

That would be good.

Optimistichornet
28-08-2009, 07:51 PM
ok well tonight when i have time ill post the rules for the competition, and also the name and title for the graphics competition for september.