PDA

View Full Version : FM 2009 Season Update Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Chewitt
14-11-2008, 10:11 PM
There was a thread for your FM tales last season so here's one for this season, would be better if updates were for a decent period of time rather than a few games at a time, unless of course there's a massive game.

albangura9
14-11-2008, 10:18 PM
UPDATE: I have yet to buy the game.

Chewitt
14-11-2008, 10:22 PM
UPDATE: I have yet to buy the game.

Not good enough.

Having got frustrated with my Watford demo game i'll be starting out with St.Albans.

albangura9
14-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Not good enough.

Having got frustrated with my Watford demo game i'll be starting out with St.Albans.

I always start as a lower league team. Last year I was the mighty Blyth Spartans.

StuBoy
15-11-2008, 08:03 PM
I often start out as a lower league team and when I installed the game this morning my first game was with AFC Wimbledon, however, after playing a friendly I decided sod that I'm going to manage Watford. So I guess we'll see how it goes, just beat Northwood 5-0 in a friendly so I must be 'the special one'.

DMR
15-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Hayes and Yeading last year where good, but even though I was top and won the legaue I still got sacked :s

YellowYoda
15-11-2008, 08:26 PM
As I did so well with leyton orient on 08 i will be sticking with them to see if I can repeat it

cyaninternetdog
16-11-2008, 12:03 PM
any cracked versions out there yet guys?

UEA_Hornet
16-11-2008, 12:25 PM
There may well be. But they won't be advertised on here.

wfcwarehouse
16-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Played 2 games with Watford. A fine 1-2 away win at Reading with Rasiak and Harley doing the business before a 0-1 AET victory at Hereford.

Doyley scored for me in a friendly. Screenies up later if required.

StuBoy
16-11-2008, 04:34 PM
before a 0-1 AET victory at Hereford.

ironic, i drew Hereford as well. hmmm...........

YellowYoda
16-11-2008, 04:37 PM
I got Brisle Rovers. I thought they had done that on purpose

davidnewtonwfc
16-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Has anyone had a butchers at Man. City to see what their transfer budget is?

pauls yellow army
16-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Has anyone had a butchers at Man. City to see what their transfer budget is?

on the demo (so imagine its the same as the actual version) if you said winners of the premier league it was something like 80 million, Qpr's was about £15 million when set for winnning the championship, which is loads for a champ side and can buy a pretty immmense team with that.

StuBoy
16-11-2008, 09:56 PM
"Watford takeover close" report the press.

Alas it looks like stupid cAshton will be taking over from Homer! Unbelievable, where's the foreign billionaire when you need him!!??

YellowYoda
16-11-2008, 09:58 PM
on the demo (so imagine its the same as the actual version) if you said winners of the premier league it was something like 80 million, Qpr's was about £15 million when set for winnning the championship, which is loads for a champ side and can buy a pretty immmense team with that.

It's £83million if your expectation is to win the league

The Hornet
16-11-2008, 11:23 PM
I've got Chelsea in the 4th round after beating Peterbourgh and another team .

davidnewtonwfc
17-11-2008, 12:09 AM

I don't think it is mate, a coincidence maybe...

YellowYoda
17-11-2008, 12:11 AM
lost 4-3 late on to liverpool:dismay:

Cude>2<
17-11-2008, 01:36 AM
Had talks of a Thai investing in me freeing up 41 Million for players....

Then it went as he thought Watford was overvalued.

troppohorn
17-11-2008, 02:03 AM
Had talks of a Thai investing in me freeing up 41 Million for players....

Then it went as he thought Watford was overvalued.

i got taken over by a slovakian million who has pumped 50 mill into the club

Bubble
17-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Well I downloaded the game yesterday after buying it on Friday night, and it installed perfectly...but when it came to the matches it slowed down and froze before and after! It froze after I clicked the 'submit team' button, and then again after I gave my post-match teamtalk.

Going to try it again this afternoon...if it's still f**ked then i'll ring the helpline, as I'm a '**** when it comes to computers!

StuBoy
17-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Well Ashton took over (it says 'he loves the club') along with two other directors, one who has the first name Nana!!??

No money is to be pumped into the club, I'm struggling near the relegation zone and only 11 games in my job is already 'very insecure'. So I guess I'm likely to get the sack soon and will have to rebuild my career in the Blue Square South or something!

wfcwarehouse
17-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Well Ashton took over (it says 'he loves the club') along with two other directors, one who has the first name Nana!!??

No money is to be pumped into the club, I'm struggling near the relegation zone and only 11 games in my job is already 'very insecure'. So I guess I'm likely to get the sack soon and will have to rebuild my career in the Blue Square South or something!

I'm also languishing Stu. I'm 16th in the league with 7 points from 8 or 9 games. I've got a winnable home tie in the Carling Cup against Reading coming up, and I've been playing fairly well in the league so I'm not too worried currently. The season is only young.

UEA_Hornet
17-11-2008, 12:39 PM

No money is to be pumped into the club, I'm struggling near the relegation zone and only 11 games in my job is already 'very insecure'.

Sounds very realistic StuBoy! Though Ashton appointing his gran less so...

The Hornet
17-11-2008, 01:14 PM
The consortium trying to buy watford in my game is led by some bloke called Darren someone!

Cude>2<
17-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Looks like I may get taken over by a consortium who'll make Hollaway Manager :rant:

StuBoy
17-11-2008, 09:11 PM
I'm on the verge of the sack 15 games in. After 7 games I was 6th but I haven't won since then. The press just asked me before the next game (Reading at home - who are 1st) how much longer I thought I had left in the job. Not looking good. Lose this and it could be curtains.........

Bubble
18-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Well I downloaded the game yesterday after buying it on Friday night, and it installed perfectly...but when it came to the matches it slowed down and froze before and after! It froze after I clicked the 'submit team' button, and then again after I gave my post-match teamtalk.

Going to try it again this afternoon...if it's still f**ked then i'll ring the helpline, as I'm a '**** when it comes to computers!

Managed to get it working, played in windows mode, and touch wood it's been fine since then.

I'm on the verge of the sack 15 games in. After 7 games I was 6th but I haven't won since then. The press just asked me before the next game (Reading at home - who are 1st) how much longer I thought I had left in the job. Not looking good. Lose this and it could be curtains.........

I think I could be heading down the same road, mate.

Played three league games and one cup game against Leyton Orient.

Drew 0-0 against QPR on opening day.
Beat Leyton Orient 0-1 in the cup.
Lost 3-1 at Cardiff.
Drew 0-0 against Palace.

2 points from a possible 9. I can't believe the expectancy is to finish in the top six :eek:

I signed Sam Sodje for £325k and also Fabien Delph from Leeds for 450k.

Sold Demerit to Wolves for £3,000,000 and also Williams to Hibs for £250k.

May look to loan a striker as none of mine can hit a cows arse with a banjo!

May sell Priskin as he is utter sh*t. Hoskins is quite good. Rasiak's not too bad.

Mariappa and Bromby are doing well for me at centre-back...three clean sheets in four games.

Loach is also doing well.

Smith is out for 2 months on my game...he got injured on the eve of the opening day! (Cheers :rant:).

Eustace is nearly back to full-fitness after getting injured in pre-season.

Coventry at home next in the cup.

StuBoy
18-11-2008, 03:45 PM
I've now pulled it around somewhat. I'm 15th after 24 games, heading up to Xmas and the beginning of the new transfer window. By basically making about 4 loan signings (Carlton Cole being one of them) and giving Hoskins a chance and by playing a 3-4-1-2 formation I've managed to stop the rot. I even came back from 2-0 down at Birmingham to draw 2-2 in the last 10 minutes. However I've got Arsenal at home in the F.A Cup 3rd round so it might all come unstuck again.

Also rather realistically I'm now about £2 million in debt and my finances are 'insecure' (so much for the takeover by Ashton and his Nana). I might be forced to sell a load of players in January to balance the books, and as we're starting to play well a fair few are in demand. However Lewis Young who is on loan at Yeovil looks like he's about to blossom into a fine player so I may give him a chance if I lose people like Smith and Priskin.

Watford…ire
18-11-2008, 03:46 PM
How do I run in windowed mode? Can't see anything in preferences?

PS. **** sake, I'm sure many of you have seen me talking about my run of about 15 games unbeaten, now when i click load last played game, it comes up 'The saved game cannot be loaded'

:rant:

StuBoy
18-11-2008, 03:48 PM
How do I run in windowed mode? Can't see anything in preferences?

Goto preferences then click on Display & Sound on the left. Under 'Window Settings' in the top left the first option should be 'Display Mode' click on the down arrow and it gives you a drop down list of all the display options, Windowed should be one of them. Select it, then click 'Confirm' in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

Watford…ire
18-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Goto preferences then click on Display & Sound on the left. Under 'Window Settings' in the top left the first option should be 'Display Mode' click on the down arrow and it gives you a drop down list of all the display options, Windowed should be one of them. Select it, then click 'Confirm' in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

Cheers, and i got my game back after that scare!!

Since when did FM save a backup??

The Hornet
18-11-2008, 04:51 PM
If windowed is greyed out it means your pc can't display the screen resolution required. It's not a bug as some people on the SI forums have thought it was.

StuBoy
20-11-2008, 12:17 AM
I have just been sacked 34 games in!

Held Arsenal to a draw at home in the cup (and should have won) only to lose the replay (they're top of the Prem unbeaten!), managed to stop the early season slide and got us up to 12th, lost 1-3 at home to Norwich though and the next thing I know Ashton says the players have lost confidence in me and I'm gone!!

Ah well, as I've said earlier time to rebuild my career in the Blue Square South or something. Or maybe I'll go abroad. Stupid Ashton and the new board!!

Chewitt
20-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Congratulations on being the first one to be fired Stuboy.

watford_pyro
20-11-2008, 01:43 AM
thank god i outlasted stuboy though to be honest its not looking great for me either

i sold demerit for 3.5mill to bolton sold williamson to swansea for 650k and let mart poom go on a free as he was taking too much of the wage budget. i also got rid of rasiak an sent a bunch of players out on loan.

i got bobby convey i from reading for 2 mill david prutton from leeds for 110k and keiran mckenna from spurs cost me 85k for a season long loan with the option to buy.

i got daryl murphy (aml/st) and darren ward (gk) from sunderland, dorian dervite(cb) from spurs and ronald huth(cb) from liverpool all on season long loans

i also got seyfo soley a cb/dm/cm in on a free to provide general cover and zsolt laczko a lm in on a free to prove proper cover on tht wing

also sadler sold for 1.5mill in january to sheff utd

thinking i had a pretty strong side i went into the season with confidence only to find that my strikers are absolutely useless murphy my top scorer so far with 9 goals in 26 starts! awful

so im now 35 games in sitting in 16th having scored 36 and let in 44 goals i have 43 points were 510k in the read mark ashton is in charge of the club and ive pretty much lost the dressing room considering resigning rather than letting cashton sack me have brought in james beattie on a 3 month loan in the hope he knows what a goal looks like but all in all im screwed

Chewitt
20-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Having taken charge of St.Albans the board set a target of staying clear of relegation in the conference south, a target i thought was very achievable and duely agreed with their target and thus my budget was set at £0K to spend and a wage budget which was already being exceeded. This wage budget was later cut right down and it's now well under after some contract re-negotiations and players willing to take a pay cut.

Pre-season went very well after what appeared to be two astute signings in Liam Harwood[CB] (£0 from Bristol Rovers) and Spencer Weir-Daley[CF] (£0 from Notts County). The fans creamed themselves over the latter but he hasn't lived up to the hype and has made more sub appearances than starts and scoring just 4 goals. Harwood has been the most impressive with a average rating of 7.05.

All 5 friendlies were won with aplomb scoring 18 goals in the process with promising signs coming out with the league season ahead of us. The league campaign started somewhat frustratingly as I lost the opening 3 games 1-0 but 2 1-0 wins for the Saints had things moving by the end of August.

September started with a 1st round tie in the conference cup, a weakened side was put out and despite a decent showing we bowed out 1-0, needless to say i wasn't fussed in the slightest. The 3 league games that month produced just two points and then a disspointing draw in the FA Cup, 0-0 at home to Tiverton who are a league below.

During September i'd managed to get Watford as my parent club and Theo Robinson and Jonathan North were snapped up on season long loan deals, Lionel Ainsworth, Ross Jenkins and Lewis Young all joined on 3 month loan deals in October and the first two then extended their deals until the end of the season. Despite hitting 13 goals in 18 games Young rejected the chance to stay :(

October began with FA Cup progression thanks to a 4-1 hammering of Tiverton in the 2nd QR replay, 4 points from 4 league games in the month including a 3-1 win over AFC Wimbledon meant we were hovering around the bottom 3. More FA Cup progression was to follow as Hitchin were beaten 2-1 in the 3rdQR to set up a tie against non-league giants Oxford in the last qualifying round.

As you'd expect being the home side Oxford dominated but the two sides went in at 0-0, Oxford showed their class going 2-0 up with just under 20 minutes to go. An inspired change at HT proved to be their undoing, in his first appearance Lewis Young pulled a goal back on 82 minutes and then sparked scenes of delight as he forced a replay in the 92nd minute. 4 days later he was on the scoresheet again along with Weir-Daley as 2 goals in ET meant a fine cup shock for St.Albans.

Results in the league picked up in November as we went unbeaten gaining 4 wins and two draws as the loanees showed their worth, the draw for the 1st Round proper of the FA Cup presented us with a very tought tie away at Millwall. I was just hoping for a decent showing so when Theo Robinson put us ahead on 25 minutes we were in dreamland, not for long as they were level 15 mins later from the spot. Disaster struck with 12 minutes to go as we were reduced to ten men but then the unthinkable happened, a routine backpass was collected by their keeper who punted the ball straight at Robinson and it comically looped into the net with just 1 minute of normal time remaining. 6 added minutes ensued and sure enough Millwall broke City hearts on 93 minutes with an equaliser. We went on to lost the replay 2-0 at home. :( Dissapointment on the FA Trophy front going out in the 3rd QR, but hey we can concentrate on the league. ;)

7 points from 4 games in December meant our steady rise up the league continued as we pulled clear of the strugglers. Young and Robinson hit all 9 January goals between them as we picked up 3 wins from 5 and progression into the top half which the bookies/media certainly hadn't seen coming.

Liam Henderson has joined for 3 months to replace Young and February is off to a winning start and i'm sitting pretty in 9th just 3 points off the play-offs after 28 games and we're the top scorers in the league.

Come on The Saints!

watford_pyro
20-11-2008, 02:31 AM
well my victory over stuboy was short lived as 2 games later i have been sacked:( a fairly credible 2-2 draw at home to bristol city was followed by a 3-1 thrashing away to blackpool which was obviously the last straw and so my career with watford has ended expectations where too high and i now begin my search for a new job though i may just start a new game we'll see what crops up

Cude>2<
20-11-2008, 02:36 AM
well my victory over stuboy was short lived as 2 games later i have been sacked:( a fairly credible 2-2 draw at home to bristol city was followed by a 3-1 thrashing away to blackpool which was obviously the last straw and so my career with watford has ended expectations where too high and i now begin my search for a new job though i may just start a new game we'll see what crops up

What month?

watford_pyro
20-11-2008, 02:47 AM
What month?

was sacked on the 7th of march

gunna start a new game play as stoke try and keep them in the prem and take a lower league job when i get bored ease into this one after my awful job as watford manager

StuBoy
20-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Well I've gone on holiday and it's now the end of the season and I've only been offered the Kettering Town job which I turned down, I think that was a mistake! It might be time to start up a new game. I might just wait a little longer though......

StuBoy
20-11-2008, 07:48 PM
............I've resurfaced at Bedford Town, newly promoted into the Blue Square North, with no money, no players and no staff, so I have to build them from the bottom up, a tough challenge and truly the proving fields!

4 games into the season I'm 9th having won 2, drawn 1 and lost 1. Not bad. I need to get them into the football league and use it as a stepping stone to greater things.

Chewitt
21-11-2008, 01:33 AM
They must have had some real Southerly teams coming up to have Bedford in the BSN !

StuBoy
21-11-2008, 09:13 AM
They must have had some real Southerly teams coming up to have Bedford in the BSN !

Yeah that's what I thought, the close proximity to Luton unnerved me slightly.

Anyway since my last post we've managed to lose our next 8 games in a row, and I'm just now fed up with being a failure so have retired from football. Am I the first to retire from the game on these boards?!

Now I need a brand new challenge and I'd like some suggestions from people on here as I'm stuck, and this has the potential to make me lose interest in the game, so help!

Cude>2<
21-11-2008, 10:10 AM

Anyway since my last post we've managed to lose our next 8 games in a row, and I'm just now fed up with being a failure so have retired from football. Am I the first to retire from the game on these boards?!

Now I need a brand new challenge and I'd like some suggestions from people on here as I'm stuck, and this has the potential to make me lose interest in the game, so help!

QPR in Championship, build a team with a good budget and survive?

Chewitt
21-11-2008, 10:47 PM

Epic fail.

I'd suggest one of the sides with a points deduction for a challenge!

troppohorn
21-11-2008, 10:50 PM
has anyone lasted a season as watford yet? i got sacked in december i just couldnt score a goal! i tried all different formations and tactics and nothing worked.
i've got another game as spurs which is going okay into my 4th season with them but got a completely new team having sold all the orignal team over the last few seasons.

but back to watford , i will donate all my 'orns to the person who can get watford promoted and show me proof!

StuBoy
21-11-2008, 11:15 PM
I've started up a new game with Watford, I thought QPR but my heart wasn't in it. This is my last chance with Watford, fail this and I'll go manage Chelsea or something! I have also tailored the game in the editor slightly to lower the expectations (more realistic I think) and also make sure I have no tansfer budget at all. Lets see how it goes...........................badly I'd expect.

The Hornet
21-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Started to do well with watford, ok still in my 1st season but on a 6 game unbeaten run, think I may of found the tactic for the team!

Chewitt
21-11-2008, 11:38 PM
A fair move regarding the expectations Stuboy!

watford_pyro
22-11-2008, 01:10 AM
I've started up a new game with Watford, I thought QPR but my heart wasn't in it. This is my last chance with Watford, fail this and I'll go manage Chelsea or something! I have also tailored the game in the editor slightly to lower the expectations (more realistic I think) and also make sure I have no tansfer budget at all. Lets see how it goes...........................badly I'd expect.

i tried stoke and qpr but just couldnt get going so i too have returned to watford hopefully will be better second time round

Watford…ire
22-11-2008, 07:59 PM
And now for an update from seemingly the most succesful manger to take the reems at Watford this season;) Mind you, this is only the demo!

Top of the league by 4 points. Unbeaten in 16 games. 12 clean sheets in said games with only 6 goals conceded and 37 goals scored. Only loan signings.

http://i36.tinypic.com/vinw49.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/30bjm83.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/2namyvp.jpg

watford_pyro
22-11-2008, 08:16 PM
am i the only one who gets rid of rasiak straight away? much better players out there who you dont have to pay 12,000 a week for

Chewitt
22-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Following on from my last installment things couldn't have gone better, February bought 3 wins from 4 games as we moved firmly into the play-off positions in what was a very tight 2nd place to 8th.

March got off to a flyer as we thumped AFC Wimbledon 6-1 as they managed to score to OGs and miss an early penalty, we duely punished and the goals flowed. 2 more wins and a defeat followed as we kept the momentum going into the last 2 months of the season.

What was to follow was something special, losing just 3 of our last 18 league games and winning 14 of them heaped pressure on league leaders Bath whilst holding off the 3 or 4 sides within touching distance below. 12 points was the gap between us in 2nd and Bath at the top, this gap was cut to 4 with 3 games remaining and as Bath won just one of their last 9 games their tricky run-in was their undoing as we claimed top spot with just one game to go which we claimed the required point to seal the title against all odds.

Predicted to struggle at the beggining of the season i went down as a hero amongst the fans and the board claiming manager of the season to go with my two manager of the month awards.

Needless to say i'm dead chuffed :]]

Final Table
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j271/chewitt_photos/BSStable.jpg

Current Summer Transfers
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j271/chewitt_photos/Transfers-1.jpg

wfcwarehouse
22-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Following on from my last installment things couldn't have gone better, February bought 3 wins from 4 games as we moved firmly into the play-off positions in what was a very tight 2nd place to 8th.

March got off to a flyer as we thumped AFC Wimbledon 6-1 as they managed to score to OGs and miss an early penalty, we duely punished and the goals flowed. 2 more wins and a defeat followed as we kept the momentum going into the last 2 months of the season.

What was to follow was something special, losing just 3 of our last 18 league games and winning 14 of them heaped pressure on league leaders Bath whilst holding off the 3 or 4 sides within touching distance below. 12 points was the gap between us in 2nd and Bath at the top, this gap was cut to 4 with 3 games remaining and as Bath won just one of their last 9 games their tricky run-in was their undoing as we claimed top spot with just one game to go which we claimed the required point to seal the title against all odds.

Predicted to struggle at the beggining of the season i went down as a hero amongst the fans and the board claiming manager of the season to go with my two manager of the month awards.

Needless to say i'm dead chuffed :]]

Final Table
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j271/chewitt_photos/BSStable.jpg

Current Summer Transfers
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j271/chewitt_photos/Transfers-1.jpg

Good work mate. I'm considering giving up on my Watford game and going non-league after reading that.

Chewitt
24-11-2008, 08:48 PM
In addition to the signings shown above Magnus Okuonghae a CB/DM signed on a free as Jordan Parkes on loan for 2 months after my LB got injured.

Pre-season expectations were to battle bravely against relegation which is what i was expecting given the fact there was only a slight increase in wage budget and no transfer funds at all. Pre-season bought wins over Abingdon Utd, Tottenham Reserves and a draw against Everton reserves. Defeats came at the hands of Watford and then Fulham reserves.

The season started brightly with 2 wins and 2 draws from the first 4 games, 3 of these games were against big sides, York, Mansfield and Cambridge. We then suffered just one defeat in 8 games although just 2 wins came in that spell as we were frustrated by too many draws. However our postion in the top 5 was very pleasing.

Two defeats and a cancelled match saw us slip down the table and we now sit firmly in mid-table(12th) which is more than what was expected. We crashed out of the Conference Cup (i hate this competition) on penalties to BSS side Lewes and we've been drawn away to Oxford in the FA Cup 4thQR.

StuBoy
30-11-2008, 08:56 PM
OK this is trying my patience now and I'll explain from the beginning.

Basically back in the day (i.e Championship Manager) both at school and at University I was good at this game. I have had numerous 'epic' games. These include (pre CM4) taking both Inverness Caley Thistle and Clydebank to Champions League glory, in CM4 I took Accrington Stanley up from the Conference to the Champions League. However the Football Manager days have not been so fruitful.

As you may have read, in my first Watford game I was sacked after about 34 games, so I said to myself, have one more go at managing your beloved Watford son, you know you can bring the glory days back. So therefore I did start a new game and lo and behold I got sacked at the same point again, the same pattern happened again. So I though, lets rekindle the 'glory days' and manage Caley Thistle in the SPL. This is what I am doing now, yet despite having some bloody good players of such a small club, quelle surprise I find myself in the shyte again and the pattern is much the same as my two Watford games. i.e get off to a good enough start and then everything goes downhill after approx 6 games.

What the hell am I doing wrong??!! Do I fiddle with the tactics/training too much? Maybe I should stick to the trusted 442? Maybe I should just not fiddle with anything at all? It's just annoying as I can honestly say I have not had an amazingly successful game since Championship Manager became Football Manager (except if you include a Man Utd or Chelsea game, but that doesn't count).

Can anybody out there (and I never thought I'd say this) help me?

Cude>2<
30-11-2008, 11:57 PM
OK this is trying my patience now and I'll explain from the beginning.

Basically back in the day (i.e Championship Manager) both at school and at University I was good at this game. I have had numerous 'epic' games. These include (pre CM4) taking both Inverness Caley Thistle and Clydebank to Champions League glory, in CM4 I took Accrington Stanley up from the Conference to the Champions League. However the Football Manager days have not been so fruitful.

As you may have read, in my first Watford game I was sacked after about 34 games, so I said to myself, have one more go at managing your beloved Watford son, you know you can bring the glory days back. So therefore I did start a new game and lo and behold I got sacked at the same point again, the same pattern happened again. So I though, lets rekindle the 'glory days' and manage Caley Thistle in the SPL. This is what I am doing now, yet despite having some bloody good players of such a small club, quelle surprise I find myself in the shyte again and the pattern is much the same as my two Watford games. i.e get off to a good enough start and then everything goes downhill after approx 6 games.

What the hell am I doing wrong??!! Do I fiddle with the tactics/training too much? Maybe I should stick to the trusted 442? Maybe I should just not fiddle with anything at all? It's just annoying as I can honestly say I have not had an amazingly successful game since Championship Manager became Football Manager (except if you include a Man Utd or Chelsea game, but that doesn't count).

Can anybody out there (and I never thought I'd say this) help me?

Only do slight changes to the tactics, don't over complicate things is my advice, play to your players strengths and not how you want to play. Example why have a short passing game if you have players who have no creativity?

Chewitt
01-12-2008, 12:53 AM
In addition to the signings shown above Magnus Okuonghae a CB/DM signed on a free as Jordan Parkes on loan for 2 months after my LB got injured.

Pre-season expectations were to battle bravely against relegation which is what i was expecting given the fact there was only a slight increase in wage budget and no transfer funds at all. Pre-season bought wins over Abingdon Utd, Tottenham Reserves and a draw against Everton reserves. Defeats came at the hands of Watford and then Fulham reserves.

The season started brightly with 2 wins and 2 draws from the first 4 games, 3 of these games were against big sides, York, Mansfield and Cambridge. We then suffered just one defeat in 8 games although just 2 wins came in that spell as we were frustrated by too many draws. However our postion in the top 5 was very pleasing.

Two defeats and a cancelled match saw us slip down the table and we now sit firmly in mid-table(12th) which is more than what was expected. We crashed out of the Conference Cup (i hate this competition) on penalties to BSS side Lewes and we've been drawn away to Oxford in the FA Cup 4thQR.

Our FA Cup campaign ended with that tie at Oxford, a dissapointing 3-1 defeat meant expectations in a 2nd cup competition weren't met, it was soon to be 3.

November bought a mixed bag of results with 2 wins, including revenge over Oxford in a 2-0 win, a draw and a defeat meaning we were sitting nicely just inside the top 10 and in touch with the play-off places.

December/January has bought about a horrible run of draws, 5 draws from 7 games has left me somewhat frustrated at not being able to string some wins together. One was a good away point at Bournemouth but 3 points have been there for the taking. As previously menionted expectations in a 3rd cup competition weren't met as we crashed out to Cambridge in the FA Trophy 1st rnd, once again revenge was served up as 2 weeks later in our next match we grabbed our only win in the last 7 with a 2-1 victory.

2 more players have joined the squad, ex-scummer Ahmet Berkovic signed on a free after a successful trial spell whilst Nathan Jarman was secured for £0 from Grimsby in a bid to add more firepower up front as Theo Robinson is the only one finding the onion bag this season.

27 games into the league campaign and a massive 14 draws, given the fact a relegation battle was expected i'm happy with sitting in mid-table.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j271/chewitt_photos/FMTable.jpg

troppohorn
01-12-2008, 05:29 AM
it seems that one of the worst things to do is buy alot of players in the 1st transfer window especially if they dont speak english as it takes ages for them to fit into the squad.

i'm at work but my most succesful game has been with newcastle, got them to 3rd in the 1st season and in the second season reached the champions league semi final but my domestic form was poor and i finished 9th in the league, nearly at the end of my third season and am doing quite well, i am 3rd with 8 games left and i love it when man city show aninterest in my players cos i bump the price up and they still buy my players
i bought Thiago silva for 4.9 mill in my 1st season and in my 3rd season man city enquired about him and i set a price of 30 mill and they paid it, i also sold them Martins for 24 mill!

my best buys have been thiago Silva before he moved, Pavel porgebnyak, and simon Vukcevic, i loaned Alex song for a couple of seasons and he's been an immense DM.

Current Squad
GK-Akinfeev
dr- Bosingwa
dc-Colocinni
DC-Kompany
DL-enrique/drenthe
DM- Marcelo Mattos/Song/Sankhare
MR-Jonas
ML-N'zogbia
AMC-Vukcevic/Fernandez
st-Porgebnyak/Bendter
st-Alexis sanchez/Jozy Altidore(Loan)

HORNETCP
01-12-2008, 04:21 PM
14 games into my first season with Histon, thought I'd give it a go. 3rd in the league, after 14 games. Went the first 11 unbeaten including an opening day win at home to Torquay, and a 2nd half come back from 2-0 down to win 4-2 at Mansfield. Howver have lost two since then, and have slipped to third behind Salisbury, and Stevenage.

HORNETCP
04-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Now 27 games in, and am second, 2 points behind Wrexham. Reached FA Cup First Round, where Northampton got taken to penalties in a replay. I'm in the Conference League Cup Semi-Final against a York City side I've already done the double over in the league. Apart from being knocked out of the FA Trophy in the First Round against a Burton Side that have only lost twice at home all season, and who's star player is loan signing Harry Forrester, it's all looking rosey in my virtual small cambridgeshire village.

Chewitt
07-12-2008, 12:51 AM
My 2nd season in charge fizzled out somewhat after we got ourselves involved in the play-off hunt, dreaming of an unlikely promotion to the football league Theo Robinson got ruled out for about 17 of the last 19 games and my 2nd striker Nathan Jarman who was in fine form decided to go on a horrible goal draught, that added to a real mixed bag of results meant we finished in 10th, winning 16, drawing 19 (!!!) and losing 11. Of course if only we'd turned some of those draws into wins we may have made the play-offs but after being tipped for relegation a top 10 finish is very pleasing indeed.

Expectations are somewhat higher this year with consolidation expected whilst in order for a slightly bigger wage budget i told them i thought we can make a top half finish which we are capable of doing.

Both North, Jenkins and Ainsworth all returned to Watford who went down to league one whilst Robinson now has us as a favoured club and is on loan again for the season, all part of the masterplan to sign him permanently :]] Several fringe players who's contracts were up left the club whilst Jamie Guy (CF), Steven Leslie (LM) and Michael Kuipers (GK) have all joined on a free. Ross Jenkins was released by Watford and after much negotiation signed on a free as has Adam Bygrave a CB released by Stockport.

Here's hoping for a good season!

HORNETCP
08-12-2008, 06:53 PM
I got Histon promoted via the play-offs, beating Woking 5-1 on aggregate then Wrexham 3-2 in the Final. Half way through league two's season I was expected to come 24th, and my aim was to battle bravely against relegation. I took Histon to 1st but dropped to third two points behind leaders Brighton, before Aidy was sacked. It was a tough choice, but when they offered me the job from nowhere, I found it hard to refuse, and have since taken us from 18th, to the brink of th play-offs with 13 games left.

StuBoy
08-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Inspired by Chewitt (there's a first time for everything I suppose) I decided in my last attempt for success to take the reigns at St.Albans. Currently after 25 games or so we're defying the critics and are in 5th place in the league. At last some success!! Key has been getting Arsenal as a parent club. I have 4 of their very good youngsters on loan. Plus Watford's own Avrinel (sp) at the back. Managed to make the first round of the F.A. Cup but a surprisingly lackluster display at home to Oxford saw us go out after a 1-0 defeat. We have reached the second round of the Trophy though. Also another key signing has been Paul Harmon a 27 years old (I think he's that old) Irishman from Fairview!!?? One of the benefits of playing with a large database and numerous other countries added (like Ireland) allows you to pick up a few good random players!

So anyway I shall continue on and see if I can keep the good run going!

albangura9
08-12-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm going into Watford in the next few days to purchase fm09, and am planning to 'go on holiday' for a whole season, before starting as a team promoted to BSN/BSS with only regen players, so as to start a team from scratch.

Chewitt
08-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Inspired by Chewitt

:cool:

wfcwarehouse
09-12-2008, 07:52 PM
I've started a game with Brentford. I've done a few other games and they weren't too successful so I'm hoping for a change in fortunes.

I've not played a league game yet but had a 1-1 draw with Droylsden and a 2-2 draw with Havant and Waterlooville in two friendlies. With a transfer budget of 0k I've had to wheel and deal, and got in a few frees and loan signings. Tommy Black and Darren Powell have come in on frees (the latter got injured for a month in his first training session :rolleyes:), as well as getting Robert Eagle from Norwich and Ronald Huth from Liverpool, both on loan deals. I'm hoping to maybe get 1 or 2 more players in before the transfer deadline.

My first league game is away at Accrington Stanley (Who are they? etc), which I'll hopefully get round to playing after work tonight.

watford_pyro
09-12-2008, 08:48 PM
after a good start to my second season at watford i was offered the newcastle job i thought long and hard about it before taking it but the chance to build a really young squad of talented english players was too much and i accepted the job.

on acceptance newcastle were lying 15th after 18 games so i immediatly brought in 35million pounds worth of the best young players i could find 13 of them to be precise including getting james vaughan from everton for 10.5 mill and shipped out nzogbia and bassong for 12 million betweeen them... i of course forgot that a brand new squad would take time to gel and results were few and far between after getting newcastle up to a 10th after a five game winning spree things looked good but the results turned the other way we fell back to 13th and a 2-0 loss at home to middlesborough was the final straw and i resigned with 2 games left of the season.

i felt like i needed a break from managing in club football and i took the job managing sweden.

international management is boring as hell though so i needed a small league job to keep me busy so i took the reigns at afc telford.

just promoted to the conference they had no manager! no players! no staff! and no transfer budget!

so with a 2.5k wage budget i set about building a squad 15 players and 13 games later we are sitting 14th in the league ten points clear of the relegation zone and punching well above out weight fingers crossed for the rest of the season but things are looking good

Chewitt
09-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Absolute farce, 9 games into the season and 7 f**king draws, not a single win yet and we clearly lack a cutting edge going forward, Robinson has 8 in 9 whilst Guy has scored 3 in 6 but things aren't clicking.

I'm also becoming increasingly frustrated at the lack of investment in the club, i've been in charge over 2 full seasons now and not spent a single penny on a player and the chairman is perfectly happy in his role thus nobody will be taking over anytime soon.

Evasive
09-12-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm also becoming increasingly frustrated at the lack of investment in the club, i've been in charge over 2 full seasons now and not spent a single penny on a player and the chairman is perfectly happy in his role thus nobody will be taking over anytime soon.

Ultimatum?

Chewitt
09-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Ultimatum?

Considered it but i'll just get sacked, there's no other jobs going at the moment either, if there was one that interested me then perhaps.

The Hornet
10-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Just a quick update on my game, well 1st season with watford finished 6th after being 2nd most of the season, only 1 point seperated 2nd to 6th it was a tight league.
Got wolves in the Play off Semi's won 4-2 on aggregate and had Sheff Utd in Final won that 4-3 on Penalties :)

HORNETCP
10-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Quick Update... Now Watford and Cameroon manager! 10 games left, six points off play-offs. As for Cameroon World Cup 2010 Group E: Cameroon, Croatia, Holland, Saudi Arabia.

Chewitt
14-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Absolute farce, 9 games into the season and 7 f**king draws, not a single win yet and we clearly lack a cutting edge going forward, Robinson has 8 in 9 whilst Guy has scored 3 in 6 but things aren't clicking.

It's been a long time since then and things picked up, wins began to appear and we pulled clear of an early placing near the foot of the table. Things are now well and truely looking up 32 games in with us sitting 7th in the league and certainly in the hunt for a play-off spot.

Injuries are hitting hard at the moment though, 4 key players out injured including top scorer Theo Robinson but those coming in are doing a good job, Jamie Guy is still getting goals (13 in 25).

Cup competitions have bought more joy than previous seasons, all expectations have been met as we made it to the FA Trophy 3rd round before being beaten by Dorchester who i'd not long thumped :rolleyes: Oxford got the better of us in the Conference Cup QF and we went out of the FA Cup in the 1st round to league one Swindon 3-2 AET in a replay (1st tie 0-0), we had been 2-0 up in the replay :(

Hakeem Araba and Gavin McParland both signed for 0K from Altrincham and AFC Wimbledon respectively, i required cover up top with Elliot Godfrey not delivering and in the reserves and Spencer Wier-Daley out on loan, both departed on frees in the January transfer window (good riddance). Araba's finest moment came a few minutes ago as he bagged a 95th minute equaliser at York to make it 2-2 after we were 2-0 down with 14 mins to go :D

14 games left of the season and Robinson is back in 2 weeks with Okounghae not far behind, unfortunately tricky winger Steven Leslie is out for the rest of the season it seems with a broken ankle which is a real blow as he created plenty of chances each game.

Finally my penniless chairman is looking to leave but it appears the guy set to replace him is just another board member, their little soap opera is dragging out with it being on and off.

Chewitt
14-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Gutted, after making the play-offs with ease we lost the 1st leg to Histon 1-0, things started well in the 2nd leg at home taking the lead after 20 mins but a goal early in the 2nd half from Histon proved the decisive goal as we failed to score again.

I'm genuinely dissapointed after such a fine season where we only failed to score in the league 5 times and Theo was top goalscorer.

His loan is now up as is his Watford contract but despite us being listed as his favourite club he isn't interested in signing and bigger clubs are sniffing around, i can't help but feel he'd have joined if we'd gone up.

As far as the takeover goes it's done and dusted, the director took over from the chairman and sent me a lovely personal message thanking me for my patience during what must have been a stressful time, he duely added that there were no plans to invest in the club. :mad: What a ******, my patience is wearing thin with this ruddy club and after telling them i think we can challenge for the title in order to get an ok wage budget expectations are high. One way or another i've a feeling this could be my last season at St.Albans.

HORNETCP
14-12-2008, 10:39 PM
09/10 season over and I finished 9th, only 2 points off, having failed in my bid for the play-offs with a game to go. The World Cup came round and my Cameroon allegiances came and after being 3-0 down to Croatia and coming back to draw 3-3, i felt we had a shout of th second round. Saudi were brushed aside 2-1 but Croatia drew with Holland, and then I lost to holland with a last minute goal, and croatia won. I would have won the group if the game had ended a minute earlier, and I was gutted. I resigned to concentrate on my Club's need's and expectations are high, with romotion being a neccessity for a kept job now.

watford_pyro
15-12-2008, 03:08 AM
things at telford went to pot and on the last day of the season we lost and were relegated by just a single point.

determined to prove to myself i can get a newly promoted team to stay in the football league i have taken the job at hyde built another squad from the ground up and hope for better results this time round.

though already bad luck has struck and im without 4 strikers for between 3 weeks and a month which is a long time in the conference need to get them back and firing quickly if im to stand a chance of surviving

most notable signing tom haverson 550k rated striker in from sheff utd on loan for the season fingers crossed he gets back and starts scoring

also decided to pick up obrien my goalie from afc telford got him on a free and hoping hell perform as well for hyde as he did for telford

albangura9
15-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Right, I finally mustered up enough energy to go into town and get fm09, so heres the beginning of my story.

I decided to go for a nice season long holiday, before becoming manager of newly promoted Maidstone in the BSS. They had no players, no transfer budget and very little wage structure, along with very basic training and youth facilities. I have tried this before on previous games, and found it difficult, but this years one was much harder than I expected. I found it extremely difficult to sign players, and am 9 days away from the beggining of the season, and although I am happy with my signings, I have only 12 players. I don't yet have a left winger, and only 1 striker, so am desperate for signings before the season starts.

I recently had an attendance of 24 people to my friendly, so it looks as if I have a small fan base. I am currently trying to persuade Dean Windass to come and be player/coach, but am having quite a bit of trouble! No loan players come in, and the chairman decided that a parent club would not be beneficial. Its going to be a long and tough season, and I am predicted 20th out of 22 places (relegation), but I feel that I will keep the team up. C'mon the stones!

albangura9
15-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Ooh, got my second striker, and he's good!

Chewitt
15-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Ooh, got my second striker, and he's good!

OOooo get you, who might that be ?

albangura9
15-12-2008, 08:51 PM
OOooo get you, who might that be ?

Terry Gornell. League 2/ low 1 standard for a BSS team

bedmond_hornet
16-12-2008, 12:27 PM
i went in to town with albangura9, more so for xmas shopping and game back with football manger 09.

Decided i would start with watford and then move to a smaller club once i get the hang of the new system.
Was nice to find we have know money and the bored are being pillocks just like real life!

Started off by selling McAnuff (1.8 Million) Smith (1.6 Million) Jenkins ( 1 million)
Useless Eustace really isnt that bad on the game so i though id keep him till atleast january.

Bought in Vass DM/CM from the italian league, 18 and is class.

Then bough in the usual signings i make on every game Chris Cohen ( 650k) and Beckford (1.1 Million) and bough Merida in on loan from Arsenal.

Pre-season didnt go to well lost to Aberdeen 4 - 1 and drew to Liverpool. Beating Northwood 3 - 0 and drawing Losing to Burnley 2-1.

First game of the seaon was against Bristol City, got off to a flyer when Beckford Scored to goals in the first mins, ended up winning 3-2. Beckford getting a first half hatrick.

next game was derby, and i found myself 2 - 0 down at half time and ellinglump had scored the second and stewart was the best player on the pitch, the irony :-(
Finished 2-2 Beckford with his 4th of the season, and Vass with a freekick in injury time.

Have to say compared to the last game it needs a lot more depth and tweaking of tactics, you cant just hope regularity will pull through!

Watford…ire
16-12-2008, 01:25 PM
i went in to town with albangura9, more so for xmas shopping and game back with football manger 09.

Decided i would start with watford and then move to a smaller club once i get the hang of the new system.
Was nice to find we have know money and the bored are being pillocks just like real life!

Started off by selling McAnuff (1.8 Million) Smith (1.6 Million) Jenkins ( 1 million)
Useless Eustace really isnt that bad on the game so i though id keep him till atleast january.

Bought in Vass DM/CM from the italian league, 18 and is class.

Then bough in the usual signings i make on every game Chris Cohen ( 650k) and Beckford (1.1 Million) and bough Merida in on loan from Arsenal.

Pre-season didnt go to well lost to Aberdeen 4 - 1 and drew to Liverpool. Beating Northwood 3 - 0 and drawing Losing to Burnley 2-1.

First game of the seaon was against Bristol City, got off to a flyer when Beckford Scored to goals in the first mins, ended up winning 3-2. Beckford getting a first half hatrick.

next game was derby, and i found myself 2 - 0 down at half time and ellinglump had scored the second and stewart was the best player on the pitch, the irony :-(
Finished 2-2 Beckford with his 4th of the season, and Vass with a freekick in injury time.

Have to say compared to the last game it needs a lot more depth and tweaking of tactics, you cant just hope regularity will pull through!

haha!

bedmond_hornet
16-12-2008, 01:34 PM
dyslexia is funny isnt it!

Watford…ire
16-12-2008, 01:35 PM
dyslexia is funny isnt it!

I know only to well myself son!

bedmond_hornet
16-12-2008, 01:40 PM
fair enough, im at work and had 5 mins spare to check the forum, so didnt get to check for errors!

HORNETCP
16-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Quarter of the way through 10/11 season, and Watford now holding strong in the play-off mix. POI is that previous club Histon actually WON the League Two title. Anyhow, my squad seems strong, and with the sales of L Handerson, Bangura and Richard Lee, I have money to spend. I've made some astute free signings, and Heidar Helguson is back in a Gold Shirt and scoring goals and holding the ball up as freely as ever. My main signings have all been 17 or 18 year olds from the Irish leagues, and they've managed to push right in the first XI. Both are now worth millions already and have many interested clubs. Right now though, no need to spell.

albangura9
16-12-2008, 02:02 PM
I know only too well myself son!

Haha!

bedmond_hornet
16-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Hows ur season goin albangur9!?

albangura9
16-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Hows ur season goin albangura9!?

Predicted relegation, but I'm currently in 3rd position after 5 games. Won 3, Drawn 1, Lost 1 (To St.Albans).

It looked like I wouldn't have enough players, but I have bolstered my squad to 18 players, and 10 youth players.

So It's going well :)

Watford…ire
16-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Haha!

Haha! Good spot ;)

bedmond_hornet
16-12-2008, 02:40 PM
has anyone else found that o'tooles free kicks are on 17/20 on 09!
i didn't nottice till he scored a screamer in a friendly!?

albangura9
16-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Haha! Good spot ;)
;)

Predicted relegation, but I'm currently in 3rd position after 5 games. Won 3, Drawn 1, Lost 1 (To St.Albans).

It looked like I wouldn't have enough players, but I have bolstered my squad to 18 players, and 10 youth players.

So It's going well :)

Just lost. Was 4-0 down at half time, pulled it back to 4-3 with 5 minutes left and should have equalled it, but couldn't stick the ball in the net. Cracking stuff.

wfcwarehouse
16-12-2008, 10:53 PM
I've started a game with Brentford. I've done a few other games and they weren't too successful so I'm hoping for a change in fortunes.

I've not played a league game yet but had a 1-1 draw with Droylsden and a 2-2 draw with Havant and Waterlooville in two friendlies. With a transfer budget of 0k I've had to wheel and deal, and got in a few frees and loan signings. Tommy Black and Darren Powell have come in on frees (the latter got injured for a month in his first training session :rolleyes:), as well as getting Robert Eagle from Norwich and Ronald Huth from Liverpool, both on loan deals. I'm hoping to maybe get 1 or 2 more players in before the transfer deadline.

My first league game is away at Accrington Stanley (Who are they? etc), which I'll hopefully get round to playing after work tonight.

My start to the season has been a mixed bag, a 1-0 away defeat to Accrington Stanley in a game I should've got something for a poor start. Won my next match, before exiting the Carling Cup 4-3 AET against Crystal Palace in a cracking game. 4-1 down at Half Time, threw the kitchen sink at them. Got it back to 4-3, and had a surplus of chances. Ben Hamer (goalie) up for corners and everything.

In the league the board has set their expectations as promotion, however I had a bit of a slow start, languishing in the bottom 6 after 4 games without a win. However in the last 3 games I've had a mini renaissance of sorts, beating Bradford 2-1, Darlo 1-0 and in my most recent game gaining a very credible 1-1 draw away at Morecambe who are 1st in the league.

In the JPT, I pleasingly disposed of MK Dons in the 1st round on penalties. A noteable scalp considering they're the holders, and my reward is a winnable away tie at Barnet.

C'mon the Bees!

HORNETCP
16-12-2008, 11:56 PM
My start to the season has been a mixed bag, a 1-0 away defeat to Accrington Stanley in a game I should've got something for a poor start. Won my next match, before exiting the Carling Cup 4-3 AET against Crystal Palace in a cracking game. 4-1 down at Half Time, threw the kitchen sink at them. Got it back to 4-3, and had a surplus of chances. Ben Hamer (goalie) up for corners and everything.

In the league the board has set their expectations as promotion, however I had a bit of a slow start, languishing in the bottom 6 after 4 games without a win. However in the last 3 games I've had a mini renaissance of sorts, beating Bradford 2-1, Darlo 1-0 and in my most recent game gaining a very credible 1-1 draw away at Morecambe who are 1st in the league.

In the JPT, I pleasingly disposed of MK Dons in the 1st round on penalties. A noteable scalp considering they're the holders, and my reward is a winnable away tie at Barnet.

C'mon the Bees!

How'dit go to extra time if it was 4-1 at Half Time? lol

wfcwarehouse
17-12-2008, 01:05 AM
How'dit go to extra time if it was 4-1 at Half Time? lol

:whoosh: Whoops. 3-1 at Half Time!

Forgive the error, typed it in a bit of rush!

bedmond_hornet
17-12-2008, 10:02 AM
After my first 4 games i was with 2wins, a draw and a loss. My best signing of the season was beckford by far with 4 in 4.

My next 3 games were Plymouth, Brizzle rovers (cup) and Reading.

A poor start to the first half saw me 3-1 down to plymouth with Mpenza hitting 2 and the other an own goal by Antwell. priskin scored just on half time with a header.
i went on to lose 5-3 but to be honest it could of been a lot worse as my goalie (loach) saved 2 penalties. However Beckford scored his 5 goal in his 5 game after what looked like a bit of a miss placed pass to priskin and it rolled into the net :S.

Brizzle in the cup and i was hoping for an easy game even though i stuck a young side out. 0-0 at half time and 3 players injured. The game ended 1-0 with a great strike from Cohen on the 75 minute from 20 yards out. The result was good but in getting it i had lost Demerit, Harley and Otool'e to injury.

I wasnt expecting much of a result at reading as they were top, and i had 3 key players missing with injury. the game was failry boring and was 0-0 till the last minute when i had what looked like a pretty good goal ruled out, im not sure what it was for as it was out side the box and he wasn't off side. :S

7th after 7 games 5 points of Reading, 3 of 2nd.

Can only hope i dont get any more injuries.

wfcwarehouse
17-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Lost in the JPT 2nd round to Barnet 4-2 on Penalties following a frustrating 1-1 draw. That's 2 cup competitions I'm out of now. However, my league form is certainly improving, I'm on a run of 5 games without defeat in the league (2 wins, 3 draws) and sit handily in mid-table, 4 points off of the playoff places.

Arguably my most vital result was a 2-1 home win against Wycombe, who were 3rd in the league and were on a run of 9 without loss.

My key player, Ronald Huth (on loan from Liverpool) got himself sent off in my most recent game, a 1-1 away draw with Exeter in which I conceded in the last 10 minutes and scored in additional time. Cue scenes of delirium ;)

It seems I'm having problems turning draws into wins, so come January I'll definitely be in the market for a striker. I have a 0k budget to work with so I'll have to try and get somebody in on loan (although to do that I may have to cancel one of the loan deals I have currently).

C'mon the bees!

HORNETCP
17-12-2008, 12:04 PM
15 games in and I'm 13th with 20 points. 6th is on 26 and 1st is on 34. I keep falling behind early and my teams dont get going until after half time. I've come from 3 goals down twice, once for a win and once for a draw, and come from 2 goals down 4 times, 3 times for a win this time. I've gone on a run of 32 games in a row scoring in each one (carried over from last season) so goals isn't a problem, it's just getting my defenders to perform that's the problem for me. I'm expecting the board to give me a vote of confidence soon, and I think I need to bring in some defenders before the loan deadline. With my hardest run of games over, I'm now looking to push on and get myself up into the Play-Off places.

bedmond_hornet
17-12-2008, 12:25 PM
HORNETCP - have you tried getting ur CB's to do what the hints tell you! i.e showing a striker onto the weak foot. i know it sound stupid but some people dont bother and it makes a difference!

HORNETCP
17-12-2008, 12:30 PM
HORNETCP - have you tried getting ur CB's to do what the hints tell you! i.e showing a striker onto the weak foot. i know it sound stupid but some people dont bother and it makes a difference!

I do actually do what my Assistant tells me I should do.
Funny point, I actually have 5 Irish U21 players in my team... Search through the Irish teams for their good young players running out of contract.

bedmond_hornet
17-12-2008, 12:36 PM
was just wondering as i never used to on the old games, but this one needs a lot more attention to detail. since i started doing it iv'e conceded alot less goals.

StuBoy
17-12-2008, 12:37 PM
It seems I'm having problems turning draws into wins

I too have this problem.

Well my first season at St.Albans (inspired by Chewitt) was a mixed bag. We finished 6th one place and one point outside the playoffs. Having had what can only be described as an indifferent start to the season, in about December time I secured Arsenal as my parent club. Therefore I was able to make 2 or 3 good loan signings for only 3 months (I had already used up my season long loans on a couple of shyte players). These signings fired me on a magnificent run and with six games to go I topped the table. However the loans expired at this point and I had to revert back to my squad players. This caused a major collapse which saw us lose a couple of games 4-1 and scrape a couple of draws. As it was so tight at the top we missed out on the playoffs much to my anger! Met all my targets in the cups, Fa Cup 1st round, Fa Trophy 2nd round and I don't care about the conference cup!

Anyway onto season two and I though a strong promotion challenge. Well at this moment I am wrong! I thought I'd be able to get a couple of Arsenal youngsters back for the season; however the two I got have been less than inspiring! Paul Rodgers at the back has been solid if not spectacular and my supposed trump card striker Rhys Murphy has been so frustrating! After scoring two hat-tricks in a row in his first two pre-season friendlies he then got injured for 2 months (surprise surprise this always tends to happen to the best players), when he came back he scored an amazing 25 yarder in the first 2 minutes of the game and then got injured for another month!! Since he's come back from that he's been ****. Anyway to cut a long story short after 24 games we're 14th but with a goal difference of +10. We've just drawn too many games and can't string a run together! However, I have after months of trying, managed to just bring in a few decent players on loan for 3 months. This will take me to near the end of the season and as the league is tight I might be able to get into the playoffs if I have a decent run in.

All in all though I'm starting to get fed up with being shyte!

Chewitt
17-12-2008, 12:43 PM
I don't care about the conference cup!

It's a total waste of time, boooooooooooo, conference cup OUT!

HORNETCP
17-12-2008, 12:54 PM
It's a total waste of time, boooooooooooo, conference cup OUT!

It was the first competition I had ever won on 09!

Latest update, just about to be sacked... moving from Histon to Watford happened too early:dismay:

bedmond_hornet
17-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Out of intrest who did you bring in at watford! and what positions did u feel needed improving!

HORNETCP
17-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Out of intrest who did you bring in at watford! and what positions did u feel needed improving!

Too Many, my squads too big and players aren't happy... I'm going soon:dismay:

HORNETCP
17-12-2008, 02:39 PM
22 games in, just under half way there, still haven't been sacked yet, but the request for extra time probably helped that.
Here are the stats:
Played 22 in league
Scored 36
Let In 36
Won 7
Lost 10
Drawn 5
Top Scorer Priskin 7
Position 14th
Points 26
1st + 2nd have 47 points
6th has 35 points
22nd has 23 points
24th has 6 point

HORNETCP
17-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Oh, and one game later two managers lose their job. But neither is me, as Birmingham City manager Javier Clemente and Aberdeen manager Jim Jefferies are sacked. I decline any interest in Birmingham's, as their 8th in the Championship, but refuse to comment and apply for the Aberdeen job, looking forward to the challenge of lifting them off the root of the SPL. I get the job, and my time at Watford is over and I'm onto my third club, and probably my biggest challenge yet at bottom of the league Aberdeen.

wfc-4ever
17-12-2008, 07:04 PM
24th has 6 point
Whose the sh'tters with six?

HORNETCP
17-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Whose the sh'tters with six?

millwall
the funniest thing was at that point they were 4 unbeaten. so on 19 games they had zero.
and i had only scraped them 2-1

wfc-4ever
17-12-2008, 09:39 PM
millwall
the funniest thing was at that point they were 4 unbeaten. so on 19 games they had zero.
and i had only scraped them 2-1

Millwall?

Are you in season season and not been promoted? :eek:

HORNETCP
17-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Millwall?

Are you in season season and not been promoted? :eek:

I'm now in my third, and blame it on Aidy coz I took over 1 season and a half in!

bedmond_hornet
18-12-2008, 10:45 AM
I have to say Beckford and Priskin have gelled well and have between them 21 goals in 12 games, but like a few of you have been saying i too seem to be leaking goals at the back and the only way to win is to score more than one goal.
I have tried playin a sweeper and that doesn' work.

But i am sitting in 4th 6 points clear of 6th and am the top scorers in the league.
Any tips on a tactic for the back four that has helped u!

StuBoy
18-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Well I finished 10th with St.Albans and to tell you the truth I'm fed up and frustrated with the game and FM in general. I might become an Xbox 360 only man soon!

After making my loan signings we started to get a good run going and with about 8 games left had moved menacingly up into 7th place. However for the 3rd time this season, just as my star striker Rhys Murphy got into goalscoring form he was injured (oddly enough I had been predicting this would happen to myself the game before it occured), then his replacement Paul Harmon got injured just after he banged in a couple the next game, and surprise surprise his replacement got injured the next game too! In fact throughout the season any player of mine that has started to come into good form has always got injured and it's mildly frustrating to say the least. I don't even train them too hard, just to try and avoid this happening!! Also I find that the computer always equalises after I score and I also find I can predict quite well during the highlights when they're going to score, even if I'm the team attacking.

huh! I'm getting fed up with this, I probably am shyte at the game, but once I was good at this, I promise!!

P.S oh by the way I forgot to mention the injuries resulted in some more **** results and I ended up going on holiday for the last two games of the season I was so angry. I need to move to a club with more influence I think.

bedmond_hornet
18-12-2008, 12:04 PM
hav always been an xbox man always will be! the new COD online is imense!

HORNETCP
18-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Got frustrated at Aberdeen where the Assistant Managers report said it all when I arrived. I Quote 'Mark Seagraves believes Gavin Mahon to be the teams star player'. I got to the Scottish Cup Final, beating Clyde, QotS, RANGERS, and Motherwell on the way, but lost to Celtic in the final. Of course they were the only games I won, and got relegated finishing bottom with a shyte team. I gave up, and have started a new career at AFC wimbledon, where my defence is solid, and in three friendlies and three league matches I have let in only one goal. The problem is I've only scored two, and my feeder club, Arsenal, are being stingy with their players. But the sure foundation I'm building is setting me up for a successful promotion season I hope.

luke_golden
19-12-2008, 03:48 AM
Today saw the appointment of little known former French Ligue 2 player Vincent La Hare to take over the Olympique de Marseille hotseat. In a surprise move, Pape Diouf opted to promote La Hare from within the ranks and offered him the chance to lead l'OM in 2008/2009.

With a budget of £9m and £50,000 to spare on the wage budget, the funds were in place for La Hare to instantly stamp his mark on the squad. Looking through the squad, it was clear that some positions needed improving, namely the defence, both central and right side, the left wing and most importantly, up front. A quick glance at the transfer list offered solutions to almost all the problems. Juan Manuel Mata was unbelievably transfer listed and snapped up for a meagre £2.5, whilst Martin Caceres and Belletti were snapped up on loan to sort the defensive weakness out. Having decided upon playing with the 4-2-3-1 formation, a target man was desperately needed and it wasn't long before La Hare settled upon Oscar Cardozo, Benfica's Paraguayan hit-man. After much negotiation a fee of £8.5 was agreed and once the sale of Ronald Zubar to Nice had gone through, Cardozo was added to the Marseille ranks, where it was hoped his fearsome long range shooting and arial dominance would fire l'OM to success.

Pre-Season flew by as Marseille dominated in all friendlies, winning by clear margins and performing impressively, especially the two young stars La Hare hoped to build his team around, these players being Mata and Hatem Ben Arfa, a summer signing before La Hare took over from Lyon that surprised many as it was widely believed that when he left Lyon, it'd be for bigger and better things, however a questionable attitude had perhaps put so called bigger clubs off young Hatem and he signed for what could be an absolute bargain at £8m.

The season started in equally dominant fashion with Ben Arfa and Mata causing havoc around opposition penalty areas and a sturdy defence that conceded only 2 goals in the opening 5 games, both of which were penalties. Coupled with a 7-0 aggregate victory over Aalborg in the Champions League Qualifiers, La Hare had made a bright start to his time at Stade Velodrome and found his side sitting at the top of Ligue 1 and matches against Villareal, Spartak Moscow and Inter Milan to look forward to in the Champions League.

The future looks bright for La Hare.

Cude>2<
19-12-2008, 02:14 PM
In view of a bit of a challenge and to relive my CM4 old days I took over at Millwall. Got given a £100k budget and a 5k difference in wage bill. All of this in exchange for a top half finish. No one struck me as good enough up top, and I need more depth in the CB position and CM position. After getting rid of some deadwood, and the chairman selling Alexander for me, I managed to delve into the polish league and got free players on the cheap who were transfer listed.

Kamil Grosicki - ST
MacieJ Rybus - AMR
Imnotgoingtotryandspellhisnameovski - CM

Also got in Akinfenwa from Northampton, whose got a good reputation at this level and is a little bit of a poor mans Heskey.

On top of this I got Franciso Merida on loan from Arsenal without paying wages, and Gabriel Zakauni from Fulham whose done excellently at CB

The season started well, got an opening day win away, but then lost 3-0 to Ipswich in the cup despite dominating and hitting the post twice and missing a penalty. After this I bounced back and got a few wins and draws. Noticeably the highest scoring team at the time, who also had not lost in the league and were comfortably top - Leeds away which ended up in a 2-3 win for me. Grosicki getting a brace. Straight after this was a 1-1 draw against 2nd place S****horpe.

Heading towards the end of October, its all tight at the top and I find myself sitting 6th, but unbeaten in the league. Just need to turn some of those draws into wins, and I could be going very nicely. Grosicki is my top scorer with 13 in 15 games. And Akinfenwa is my top assist merchant with 7 in 13 as well as chipping in with 4 vital goals too.

Up the Lions!

Chewitt
19-12-2008, 03:22 PM
My patience is growing thin with my St.Albans game, my 4th season isn't going to plan, after losing the play-offs last season (BSP) expectations were for something similar but 17 games in and we languishing in lower mid-table, not good.

I've asked for a new parent club instead of Watford which i'm hoping will enable some loan signings to give me a boost, if not i'll be demanding cash in January (haven't had a penny yet) and it may come down to an ultimatum.

Having looked at the job security screen i see league two Tranmere have Peter Taylor in charge and his job status is 'insecure', i duely declared my interest in the job.

Chewitt
19-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Game over, the board are c*nts, after a pathetic 0-0 draw against Hemel Town in the fa cup i issued an ultimatum over them giving me extra money for transfers, they refused and duely gave me the boot.

The fans then had the nerve to back them up saying that they'd prefer money to be saved for when a more competent manager was at the helm! Competent !!?! I'll give them ****ing competency, under my reign they've been in touching distance of the ruddy football league and unprecidented pro football at clarence park.

3 of the backroom staff up sticks and left over my sacking which is the only bright point of the whole charade, i hope whoever takes over leads them to relegation.

The chairman then had the nerve to say to the press that the sacking was due to the need for a new face rather than a rift between the two of us, the lying git.

HORNETCP
19-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Now, the challenge is there. A mediocre BSS side -Bishops Stortford- I've managed to get West Ham as my Feeder club and somehow got the Icelandic Defender who's young and whos name I can't write and Zavon Hines for a season. That was before I realised there was a 2 player long term loan limit, and so I only have Jack Collison and Kyel Reid for 3 months each. But I'm ready.

HORNETCP
19-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Of COurse in my first friendly Jack Collison broke his leg, but now, five games into the season for real my stats are as such:

Played 5
Won 3
Drawn 2
Lost 0 Position 4th
Scored 3
Against 0

It's looking good for me, with a solid defence again my main aim, and I'm looking good to push forward in the league and make the most of the solid start.

I have a team that, as the game says, Parks The Bus.

Chewitt
19-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Game over, the board are c*nts, after a pathetic 0-0 draw against Hemel Town in the fa cup i issued an ultimatum over them giving me extra money for transfers, they refused and duely gave me the boot.

The fans then had the nerve to back them up saying that they'd prefer money to be saved for when a more competent manager was at the helm! Competent !!?! I'll give them ****ing competency, under my reign they've been in touching distance of the ruddy football league and unprecidented pro football at clarence park.

3 of the backroom staff up sticks and left over my sacking which is the only bright point of the whole charade, i hope whoever takes over leads them to relegation.

The chairman then had the nerve to say to the press that the sacking was due to the need for a new face rather than a rift between the two of us, the lying git.

Following on from this i applied for the league two job at Tranmere but they took ages deciding who to appoint and after expressing my interest in the Fisher job in BSS (struggling in the drop zone after about 20 games) they sacked their boss and i took the job.

0K to spend and about £200 over the wage budget, over 200K in the red and one member of backroom staff plus a wafer thin squad which had about 14 proper first teamers, some young reseve players were released and i've attempted to bring in the backroom guys who i had at St.Albans and who left when i did.

First game went extremely well, applying a basic 4-4-2 formation i was hoping that the striker i'd been courting whilst in charge at St.Albans (Sam Higgins) would do the trick. We beat Hampton & Richmond 3-0 much to my delight with the 3rd being the highlight, Kevin King a 16yr old youth player making up the numbers on the bench replaced Higgins and within a few minutes skipped past two players, held off a third and cooly slotted it home

Come on The Fish!

wfcwarehouse
19-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Lost in the JPT 2nd round to Barnet 4-2 on Penalties following a frustrating 1-1 draw. That's 2 cup competitions I'm out of now. However, my league form is certainly improving, I'm on a run of 5 games without defeat in the league (2 wins, 3 draws) and sit handily in mid-table, 4 points off of the playoff places.

Arguably my most vital result was a 2-1 home win against Wycombe, who were 3rd in the league and were on a run of 9 without loss.

My key player, Ronald Huth (on loan from Liverpool) got himself sent off in my most recent game, a 1-1 away draw with Exeter in which I conceded in the last 10 minutes and scored in additional time. Cue scenes of delirium ;)

It seems I'm having problems turning draws into wins, so come January I'll definitely be in the market for a striker. I have a 0k budget to work with so I'll have to try and get somebody in on loan (although to do that I may have to cancel one of the loan deals I have currently).

C'mon the bees!

It seemed as though things were picking up for me, I went on a run of 7 games without defeat (3 wins 4 draws) and shot from bottom 6 to 7th, the final playoff place.

In the cup, I drew Woking away and limped to a 0-0 stalemate at their ground (and was lucky to do so), before Freddy Sears inspired me to a 2-0 win in the replay. In the 2nd round, I was drawn away to Fisher and shockingly lost 1-0, my team never turnt up. I was fuming with this embarassment and laid into the troops both in the post match teamtalk and press conference, much to the dismay of a few squad members!?!? :rant:

This was followed by a 3-1 away loss at Shrewsbury leading me to think that the wheels were coming off, however I got back to form with a convincing 2-0 home win over strugglers Bournemouth.

I've managed to secure the signing of Adam Hinselwood on a free from Brighton in January, which will sure up the defence and hopefully allow me to flog/release Darren Powell who after a pleasing first few games proceeded to play like a clown, hopefully Hinselwood will do the business.

I'm currently suffering somewhat of an injury crisis so I think testing times are ahead for the Bees. I'm relishing the challenge, so to quote a great man, COME ON! :xmaswink:

StuBoy
19-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Right I'm ready to start my third season with St.Albans in the BS South, despite becoming disgruntled. I don't think I've ever stayed for 3 seasons in a row this low. So this is make or break now. I've made some good signings, including my nemesis Charlie Sheringham from promoted Welling (why they didn't sign him up is beyond me, he scored 25 goals in BSS last season). I'm also going to try a new 4-1-3-1-1 formation. If this goes to pot I might retire!

By the way England got chosen to host World Cup 2018. Will I manage long enough to see it though??

Evasive
21-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Technically I am playing FM 08 but here goes....

Took over Bath in the BSS and guided them to promotion in the first season due to some awesome loan moves (more luck than judgement). Jamie White from Soton, Scott Golbourne from Reading, Junior Osbourne from Watford and Krystian Pearce from Birmingham.

Also, I picked up a free transfer player called Richard Logan who scored bundles for me.

I am now in the BSP and drew the first game 2-2 against Cambridge away and beat Halifax 2-1 at home.

I have Tommy Mooney and Kevin Phillips up front for me after both were on free transfers. Pity that partnership is a few years too late!

Cude>2<
21-12-2008, 06:10 PM
After a roller coaster ride, injuries galore including a broken leg to my star striker in November, i'm down to the last 2 games. Wish it could end now. Comfortable position, but the last two are against Swindon and Tranmere. Tough games. But should have my top scorer back for the playoffs if I make it.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8093/millwalltableek1.jpg

wfc-4ever
21-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Pressures on cude ;)

Cude>2<
21-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Pressures on cude ;)

Lost to Swindon, and a 87th minute goal by Lionel Ainsworth (on loan) put me 1-0 against Tranmere.

Now have Southend in the play offs.

Cude>2<
21-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Battled past Southend in playoffs 5-2, but its come at a cost.

Dave Martin, Danny Spiller, and Lewis Grabban are all out.

This means Ross Jenkins will start in CM, Gifton Noel Williams to be a hero up top as Akinfenwa is also out. Come on the Lions!

Cude>2<
21-12-2008, 08:18 PM
This is f**ked.

Was sure i'd play Oldham after they beat Leeds 6-0 but then back at Elland Road, miracles happen apparently.....

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/1157/fukthatdz6.jpg

Now Millwall against an obvious in form Leeds side :o

Cude>2<
21-12-2008, 08:37 PM
The Lions have got promoted!!!!

3-1 against Weeds

Goals from

Ross Jenkins
A half dead Dave Martin
And Kamil Grosicki

Beckford got them one back.

Harrow Orn
21-12-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm so **** at this game :rant:

Tried playing with Luton, and see if i could do the great escape.... but after 15 games, i'm still on -11, and 32 points of safety :rant:

wfcwarehouse
22-12-2008, 02:53 AM
It seemed as though things were picking up for me, I went on a run of 7 games without defeat (3 wins 4 draws) and shot from bottom 6 to 7th, the final playoff place.

In the cup, I drew Woking away and limped to a 0-0 stalemate at their ground (and was lucky to do so), before Freddy Sears inspired me to a 2-0 win in the replay. In the 2nd round, I was drawn away to Fisher and shockingly lost 1-0, my team never turnt up. I was fuming with this embarassment and laid into the troops both in the post match teamtalk and press conference, much to the dismay of a few squad members!?!? :rant:

This was followed by a 3-1 away loss at Shrewsbury leading me to think that the wheels were coming off, however I got back to form with a convincing 2-0 home win over strugglers Bournemouth.

I've managed to secure the signing of Adam Hinselwood on a free from Brighton in January, which will sure up the defence and hopefully allow me to flog/release Darren Powell who after a pleasing first few games proceeded to play like a clown, hopefully Hinselwood will do the business.

I'm currently suffering somewhat of an injury crisis so I think testing times are ahead for the Bees. I'm relishing the challenge, so to quote a great man, COME ON! :xmaswink:

Gutted. Just as Freddy Sears had started to show a bit of form for me he goes on tears his calf muscle, ruling him out for 5 months and forcing me to end his loan spell. That left me with only two senior strikers (Charlie MacDonald and Nathan Elder), but I delved into the loan market and managed to sign Paul Dickov on loan for 3 months to ease things somewhat.

My league form is still as patchy as ever, still knocking around mid-table but still within touching difference of the playoff places. I've asked for money for transfers/wages and have been knocked back by my board, yet they've seen fit to twice inject money into the club to help with 'running costs' :dismay: Strange.

I had a mini slump and went 6 without victory, prompting me to call a team meeting to try and arrest the slide. So far it seems to have had a positive effect. My recent form has seen me win 2 and draw 1 of my last 3 games, including a 2-2 draw with Chesterfield which saw me concede with a minute left on the clock, only to go right up the other end to equalise.

Up the bees!

Cude>2<
22-12-2008, 03:56 AM
Have sold a lot of players over Summer. Some who I wanted to go and others where my board just couldn't resist :dismay:

Out went:

Danny Spiller
Ahmet Brkovic
Polish dude I can't spell (centre Mid)
Chris Hackett
Andy Frampton
Abdou
Mark Laird
David Forde

And a few other reserve/crap players like Dunne, Bignot.

In came:

Roy O'Donovan on loan
Signed Lional Ainsworth permanently - £0 but 25% sell on
Bodnar (Hungarian right back) - Free contract expired
Sol Campbell for experience and back up - Free contract expired
Polish centre back - 50k
Scott Loach - 600k - Ross Jenkins recommended him
And a youngster Sol Campbell recommended. for around 200k.

Just played my first game at home to Stoke and won 3-1, Kamil Grosicki scoring a hat trick.

Sitting in 2nd after one game.

Up the Lions!

DrewH
22-12-2008, 11:17 AM
I enjoy reading these i will give a full summary of my game with print screens and ect when i get my new laptop. :xmaswink:

HORNETCP
22-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Well, the AFC Wimbledon game's got going, and here's the lowdown:
My Aims given for the season were a Top Half Finish in the League, getting to the Third Round of the Conference League Cup, the 1st Round Proper of the FA Cup, and the Second Round of the FA Trophy.
In the league 13 games have been played, 1 game lost, 4 games drawn and 9 games won. 5 goals let in, and 18 goals scored, we're in second position, with a game in hand, with the highlight of the league season so far being a 2-0 win away at Havant and Waterlooville. The solid defence has been helped by the addition of a young Icelandic defender from West Ham who I have chosen as my feeder club. This helped the aquisition of Kyel Reid on loan later, for the season, and he's really been the key to many chances, with his pace and trickery causing all sorts of problems.
In the Conference League Cup, qualification has been gained to Fourth Round, win wins over Bognor Regis, Eastleigh, and in the Third Round Thurrock on Penalties. The draw for the Fourth has yet to be made, but I'm sure you'll find out in my next Update.
in the FA the Second Qualifying round was breezed through by my weakened Team against Leatherhead, and then a Qualifying round win Away at Ashford (Middlesex). Then came my Fourth, and last, Qualifying round game away at Woking. 2-0 down at half time, I threw everything at them, and managed to catch the 2-2 draw with a last minute goal from my left back. It emerged the Replay would be for the right to travel to Kent to face Gillingham. In the Replay, I was 2-0 up by Half-Time, and went on to claim an against-the-odds win against Woking.
The FA Trophy has yet to actually start althogh the Draw for the Third, and Final Qualifying Round, has drawn me at Home to Whitby, which should merely be a formality.

So far, all the aims I've had a chance to fulfill are being fulfilled, and the Season is shaping up nicely.

Evasive
22-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Talking of Cups, I was delighted to make it through to the 3rd Round of the FA Cup after beating Rochdale away from home, Tommy Mooney and Kevin Phillips getting one each, Sir Tommy getting his after coming off the bench.

My delight was short lived though, as I drew Liverpool at home. Well at least it will bring in some money I suppose. I did want one of the L1 or L2 teams so that I could have a chance of an upset, and keep the cup run going as my team seem to be in a good vein of form because of it.

A defeat to Liverpool (Inebbitible according to Kim Jong Il) might cause some disruption.

wfc-4ever
23-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Doing my watford career going superb. Tamas bagging in the goals! Knocked out of league cup in third round to villa. The orns are going up!

Priskin has in 6 starts and Three subbings 6 goals (in the league)

A lot of players are wanted by other clubs here are two wanted by prem clubs WBA want T Smith, DeMerit wanted by Bolton, fulham and west ham. Trying to sign a great youngster called Andrew Hudson off MK Dons 16 years old.

My screenshot is too big to post. Help? :eek:

Cude>2<
23-12-2008, 02:39 AM
Mixed results this season so far, nearing the end of September, financially probably saved Watford by buying a few of there boys, O Toole, Mariappa and had Loach at beginning anyway. Bought in Henri Camara too for 50k or something around there and Sonko from Stoke.

Big changes in the pre season. Lost a few easy games like struggling Watford, but won some "impossible" like Bolton 3-0. Currently 5th and if it's like that at the end I'll be delighted.

Premiership here we come?

albangura9
23-12-2008, 02:46 AM
I've started a new game, and as I did, I saw a little box that said 'load all players from:'

By clicking any nation, all the players from that nation are on your game, and the nation often becomes manageable. I chose Sierra Leone for the Bangura link, and thus my tenure as SL manager began.

I have quite a few players, so much so that bangura is only a sub. A quality defensive partnership of kargbo and Sankoh means that I'm not conceding goals, whereas players such as Kallon and Kpaka means that goals aren't too hard to come by either. That said, as a FIFA world ranking of 120ish indicates, it's going to be an uphill struggle to take these minnows to a major tournament.

watford_pyro
23-12-2008, 04:20 AM
well the season has come and gone would have posted an update earlier but didnt want to jinx our good form. for the entire season we had been flicking in and out of the playoffs and with a win on the final day of the season we secured our spot finishing 5th.

we were also notably the second highest scorers in the league with 93 goals in 46 games conceding 59 and finishing with 79 points not bad at all for a side predicted to be head right back out of the footbal league

the loan signings of matt gray and tom haverson proved a stroke of genius on my part with them hitting 66 goals between them. gray finishing my top scorer with 36 goals in 46 appearances they both also chipped in with 13 assists each hoping i can get them both back for next season.

in the playoffs we were unlucky and drew brentford. the fact they finished second didnt bother me. the fact they were only team in the league who had scored more goals that us with 94 didnt bother me the fact that they had already knocked u out of the fa trophy and beaten us twice in the league this season did.

true to form we lost 4-1 on aggregate both respectable games tho losing the first 2-0 with both goals scored in the last 15 mins and the 2-1 loss at home was don to two individual errors

ive now proved to myself i can keep a team who started with nothing in the football league and currently deciding wether to sign a new contract or to move on to a new club

if you wanna see screenshots ask

and another update coming soon

StuBoy
23-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Well the third season at St Albans City has begun and this will be my final attempt to get out of the Blue Square South. I managed to bring in Paul Rodgers for his second season long loan from Arsenal to shore up my back line. I've also brought in a 19 year old defensive midfielder from Reading called Jason Rowe in order to have a suitable player for my new 4-1-3-2 formation. I was pleased also with poaching Charlie Sheringham from newly promoted Welling United, but my biggest and best scoop so far in the game has been making the signing of super young striker Rhys Murphy from Arsenal! After an injury hit loan spell last season and a 3 month stint the year before, he was released from Arsenal and despite competition from higher reputation clubs I bagged him!

So with these signings plus a few more I was ready to go, and for a change I'm off to a flyer! after 10 games I was unbeaten and 5 points clear, however I have just suffered two 0-1 home defeats to my nearest challengers Forest Green and Havant thus pushing me down to 3rd. I think this season it will be between us 3 for the top spot. However during these two recent reverses I was battering both Forest and Havant, but their goalkeepers played like supermen (nothing changes in FM it seems, always supermen in goal!).

Over Xmas I shall continue the campaign and see if I can at last escape the boring Blue Square South!

wfc-4ever
23-12-2008, 01:39 PM
How can i post screenshots so that they arent too big to post?

Harrow Orn
23-12-2008, 02:37 PM
How can i post screenshots so that they arent too big to post?

Make it smaller on paint I think

Harrow Orn
23-12-2008, 02:46 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j64/stevenchez/ssss.jpg?t=1230040096

New game with Watford, here's my squad. Not many signings but two loans including gibson from man utd nd randall from arsenal. Won all three of my first games against Southampton, Norwich and Barnsley. Hopefully this will carry on.

wfc-4ever
23-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Cheers for the help harrow. Still going well, done a couple of games since. Beckford has overtaken tam as top scorer after scoring four against charlton. Still undefeated in the league.

wfcwarehouse
25-12-2008, 07:44 PM
My Brentford game has gone to pot, I'm staring the sack in the face after 2 wins in 12 league games and I've just been rocked with my top scorer (Charlie MacDonald) being ruled out for 2 months. Seeing as though I'm in March, thats pretty much until the end of the season.

If I get the sack I'll most likely start a new game and try to keep one of the 3 promoted teams up in the Premier League.

wfc-4ever
25-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Looking like im going to get promotion on my watford career. I think that i will get stuffed next season, so trying to sign people for next season. People with expiring contracts not all of them you can offer a contract to. How come?

Cude>2<
25-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Looking like im going to get promotion on my watford career. I think that i will get stuffed next season, so trying to sign people for next season. People with expiring contracts not all of them you can offer a contract to. How come?

Ain't exactly 6 months. Some expire on the 30th of the month.

HORNETCP
25-12-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm having an interesting time with AFC Wimbledon now.
3rd after 19 games, with one loss, and only seven goals let in, on 41 points.
Conference league cup quarter final against Kettering after beating Oxford in the 4th round, and Trophy 3rd round against Altringham next.
However, I keep drawing, and this could mean that Cup Runs will be my main source of success.

Cude>2<
26-12-2008, 02:42 AM
After a cracking 2nd season I finished 5th in the championship with Millwall. This then lead to the playoffs, A great 2-1 Home win against Forest, was followed by a lucky 1-1 draw at there place.

Onto the final against Derby, Akinfenwa was recalled to the team for his strength and Emile Heskey-esque ability. Him and a pacey striker in Grosicki were enough to win 2-1 :)

Two seasons, two playoffs, two promotions.

Roll on Premiership.

DrewH
26-12-2008, 09:24 AM

You can't offer a contract to player's in England until June i think but the rest are January.

wfc-4ever
27-12-2008, 12:20 AM
You can't offer a contract to player's in England until June i think but the rest are January.

Ok cheers, that why :rolleyes:

Chewitt
27-12-2008, 01:29 AM
Have finally got round to starting a new Watford game, pre-season went well winning 5 of our 6 games with plenty of goals being scored. We were already over our wage budget so i signed De La Cruz and Gravesen on free transfers to put us further overbudget :]]

Have been trying to get a striker in on loan but my attempts have been fruitless so far and i've kind of given up on that front.

Managed to temporarily **** off the majority of the squad by appointing Gravesen as my captain and DeMerit having it taken off him basically destroyed my relationship with him and now he's getting arsey because i negotiated Fulham's original bid for him.

wfc-4ever
27-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Get Daryl Murphy on loan he is a good player

Cude>2<
27-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Get Daryl Murphy on loan he is a good player

It's all about Kamil Grosicki.

wfc-4ever
27-12-2008, 07:15 PM
No its all about a sixteen year old you can get for free and will join watford.:eek: And is apparently going to be a very good premiership player says my god of a scout.

His name is.....building tension...;) Vaclav Kadlec

StuBoy
27-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Well you'll all be ever so pleased to hear over Xmas I finally won the Blue Square South at the third time of asking. My 4-1-3-2 formation worked a treat and I have the right mix of players. Despite a blip in the middle of the season where we managed to lose about 4 games in a row 0-1 and 1-0 we ended up winning the league with exactly 100 points, 12 ahead of our nearest rivals Forest Green Rovers.

In the close season both Bristol Rovers and Cheltenham came sniffing at my door and Bristol even offered me a job. Now normally I'd be tempted but their finances were insecure, so this would have meant going into the football league but being in an even worse financial position than St Albans! So after much thought I turned it down and will focus on trying to bring league football to the City. In pre-season I have managed to sign both Paul Rodgers on a free from Arsenal (he had been with me two seasons on loan already) and Jason Rowe from Reading (again on loan last season, my DMC) I have also made some other astute and young signings, so watch this space we could be the dark horses in the Blue Square Premier next season!

Cude>2<
27-12-2008, 07:38 PM
No its all about a sixteen year old you can get for free and will join watford.:eek: And is apparently going to be a very good premiership player says my god of a scout.

His name is.....building tension...;) Vaclav Kadlec

Just looked him up, I'm starting my 3rd season, and he's been released... 4 finishing for a striker.... hmmm..

HORNETCP
27-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Well, AFC Wimbledon has taken an interesting turn.
In the league I'm 24 games in, whilst all but one other is twenty five in. I'm 7 points off top, with that game in hand, and have already played both my games against H+W in 1st, with an away win and a home loss. In the CLC I got to the Quarter Finals, drew 1-1 with Kettering after missing a Titanic sized boat full of chances and went on to lose on penalties, so in that competition 2 pen s/o, 1 win 1 loss. In the FAT I'm in the Quarter after a s/o win over altringham in the replay at their place, after drawing 1-1 in the original and the replay.
The problem now is turning draws into wins.

wfc-4ever
27-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Just looked him up, I'm starting my 3rd season, and he's been released... 4 finishing for a striker.... hmmm..

What:eek:

I will show you on mine from february 2009. He is a wonder kid, premiership star when he is older my scout reckons.
You cant say he isn't immense for his age!

Cude>2<
27-12-2008, 10:33 PM
What:eek:

I will show you on mine from february 2009. He is a wonder kid, premiership star when he is older my scout reckons.
You cant say he isn't immense for his age!

Yours looks alright, you can train him.

Here's mine....

DrewH
28-12-2008, 12:11 AM
He's immence on my game aswell. Just 16 and his finishing is 13 already, he plays for Sparta Prague.

watford_pyro
28-12-2008, 12:12 AM
just a sign of whats to come from him im in 2013 and hes been playing in a substandard league so could be a lot better than this

Cude>2<
28-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Must just be mine then :(

Still signed him on a free incase he turns good. At the worst I can make a profit on him.

Cude>2<
28-12-2008, 12:19 AM
How did this lad turn out on yours Pyro? Got him on a free after his contract run out at Palermo. Apparently the under 21s captain.

watford_pyro
28-12-2008, 12:24 AM
no major improvement on mine but he spent 3 years playing for fc cluj so thats probably why any others people want checked out? tho i may not be the furthest in

Cude>2<
28-12-2008, 12:27 AM
What about Gael Nlundulu?

i'm only really interested in people I sign to see if I can make them better :)

This lad was recommended to me by Sol Campbell.

Was in Pompeys youth team.

wfc-4ever
28-12-2008, 09:13 PM
How did this lad turn out on yours Pyro? Got him on a free after his contract run out at Palermo. Apparently the under 21s captain.

He isnt on my game for some reason :sad1:

watford_pyro
28-12-2008, 09:46 PM
finalyl things with hyde went well and we won the conference! we fnished top with 98 points scoring 101 goals and going finishing the season with a 16 match unbeaten run to add to a 12 match one in the middle of the season.

most of our goals were thanks to the pairing of haverson and montgomery upfront. montgomery i got on loan from everton and he scored 44 goals in 44 appearances! he also chipped in with 13 assists!

so i enter the football league for the first time in 3 seasons hopefullly it will e more succesful than my previous forays

something that is helping me is my stature in the game. after spell with watford,newcastle,sweden and spurs along with telford most players seem to know who i am which is prioving invaluable help getting in loanees

come on the tigers!!!

Cude>2<
29-12-2008, 01:13 AM
In the Premiership with Millwall, I am in the bottom half after 5 games. Lost to WBA and drawn the rest. This included a spectacular 0-0 draw away at Old trafford. To the lads credit, 4 games out of 5 Scott Loach has been man of the match.

Also was 2-0 down at St James Park, but managed to come back to 2-2.

Difficult times, but there's potential there.

Up the lions!

Harrow Orn
29-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Got promoted with Watford and was 8 games into the premiership and had won 4 drawn 2 and lost 2. Really happy with this and then my laptop died as I was saving it, so thats corrupted but i had an autosave on and have to start from the beginning of the premiership season :rant:

Anyway, with anyone with a bit of money constantin gangioveanu is brilliant.

HORNETCP
29-12-2008, 01:29 PM
AFC Wimbledon have gone all Watford on my Ass!
Although, we have had Cup runs going all over the place, our league form has just died since the turn of the year! I'm gradually falling down the table, and now am battling to stay in the Play-Offs.

His Royal Hornet
29-12-2008, 02:10 PM
I issued an ultimatum to the bored and got sacked!

wfc-4ever
29-12-2008, 03:39 PM
At the start of my second season as watford in the premiership of course, here are my ins and outs this season. I was shocked by some of the sums i got for some players but when i got promoted everyones worth shot up. Even Will Hoskins and he got one goal and four assists in twenty games for a striker!

INS £16.75m Spent

ST Amr Zaki- £2.5m Zamalek
CB Michael Dawson- £1.9m Spurs Reserves
RM Aaron Lennon- £2.5m Spurs Reserves
LM Keiran Richardson- £3m Sunderland
AM Alan Dzagoev- £3.8m CSKA Moscow
LM/AM John Fleck- £3m Rangers
GK Niko Mihaylov- Loan Liverpool (spare goalkeeper)

OUTS £14.25m Recieved

Gareth Williams-Free Dundee (contract ran out)
Jobi McAnuff- £3.5m Sunderland
Will Hoskins- £1.8m Wigan (they got relegated)
John Eustace- £1.2m Wigan
Leigh Bromby- £1.5m Wigan (couldn't refuse that amount)
Al Bangura- £2.5m Man City
Liam Henderson-£1m Man City ( you can push man city for more money very easily)
Theo Robinson- £1.8m Man City (did really well on loan and came back good)
Richard Lee-£900k West Ham
Lewis Young loan to Bradford
Ross Jenkins loan to Bristol rovers

Chewitt
29-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Have finally got round to starting a new Watford game, pre-season went well winning 5 of our 6 games with plenty of goals being scored. We were already over our wage budget so i signed De La Cruz and Gravesen on free transfers to put us further overbudget :]]

Have been trying to get a striker in on loan but my attempts have been fruitless so far and i've kind of given up on that front.

Managed to temporarily **** off the majority of the squad by appointing Gravesen as my captain and DeMerit having it taken off him basically destroyed my relationship with him and now he's getting arsey because i negotiated Fulham's original bid for him.

I don't know why i bothered, things are going very badly, we're languishing 15th after 12 games and we've lost 6 in a row, including a 6-0 drubbing by Sunderland in the league cup.

My job status is now 'very insecure' and i don't think i've got long left.

wfc-4ever
29-12-2008, 04:23 PM
I don't know why i bothered, things are going very badly, we're languishing 15th after 12 games and we've lost 6 in a row, including a 6-0 drubbing by Sunderland in the league cup.

Do you want some help? :]] I got the orns promoted, no problems

Chewitt
29-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Do you want some help? :]] I got the orns promoted, no problems

Bully for you, i bet you'd be sh*t in lower leagues where i tend to have far more success, i tend to keep my transfer activity realistic as opposed to poaching kiddies out of eastern europe.

wfc-4ever
29-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Bully for you, i bet you'd be sh*t in lower leagues where i tend to have far more success, i tend to keep my transfer activity realistic as opposed to poaching kiddies out of eastern europe.

Well i wasn't chewitt, i took havant to the prem on last years fm and will do another lower league career after i am bored with my successful watford career. ;)
Getting two european players that i have never heard of his hardly a lot. The sixteen year old i doubt i will even see in my first team as i will probably be bored by then. And the other one isn't a little kid he's twenty odd.

Chewitt
29-12-2008, 04:55 PM
I bet you did it in a ridiculously short amount of time getting Havant up ?

Cude>2<
29-12-2008, 04:57 PM
At the start of my second season as watford in the premiership of course, here are my ins and outs this season. I was shocked by some of the sums i got for some players but when i got promoted everyones worth shot up. Even Will Hoskins and he got one goal and four assists in twenty games for a striker!

INS £16.75m Spent

ST Amr Zaki- £2.5m Zamalek
CB Michael Dawson- £1.9m Spurs Reserves
RM Aaron Lennon- £2.5m Spurs Reserves
LM Keiran Richardson- £3m Sunderland
AM Alan Dzagoev- £3.8m CSKA Moscow
LM/AM John Fleck- £3m Rangers
GK Niko Mihaylov- Loan Liverpool (spare goalkeeper)

OUTS £14.25m Recieved

Gareth Williams-Free Dundee (contract ran out)
Jobi McAnuff- £3.5m Sunderland
Will Hoskins- £1.8m Wigan (they got relegated)
John Eustace- £1.2m Wigan
Leigh Bromby- £1.5m Wigan (couldn't refuse that amount)
Al Bangura- £2.5m Man City
Liam Henderson-£1m Man City ( you can push man city for more money very easily)
Theo Robinson- £1.8m Man City (did really well on loan and came back good)
Richard Lee-£900k West Ham
Lewis Young loan to Bradford
Ross Jenkins loan to Bristol rovers

Some of those dealings do look very suspicious. Whose manager of Wigan and Man City now then mate?

wfc-4ever
29-12-2008, 04:59 PM
I bet you did it in a ridiculously short amount of time getting Havant up ?

No not really, are you a bit sensitive to jokes?

Chewitt
29-12-2008, 05:00 PM
No not really, are you a bit sensitive to jokes?

No not really, i've always found non-league games to be about the struggle and the financial constraints rather than huge amounts of success.

wfc-4ever
29-12-2008, 05:05 PM
No not really, i've always found non-league games to be about the struggle and the financial constraints rather than huge amounts of success.

Watford you definately get financial constraints on my fm in the first half of the first season you get 0% of transfer revenue available. Only until it looked like i would get promoted it changed.

wfc-4ever
29-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Some of those dealings do look very suspicious. Whose manager of Wigan and Man City now then mate?

I don't cheat it takes away the purpose and enjoyment. Wigan got relegated and sold valencia for £10m and had money to spend and anyone man city are interested in you can push them. Hull nearly bought demerit, john-joe and tamas as well but i rejected the offers. I have the same clubs looking at most my players for some reason.

Cude>2<
29-12-2008, 05:10 PM
I don't cheat it takes away the purpose and enjoyment. Wigan got relegated and sold valencia for £10m and had money to spend and anyone man city are interested in you can push them. Hull nearly bought demerit, john-joe and tamas as well but i rejected the offers. I have the same clubs looking at most my players for some reason.

Just seems weird on my game they get people such as Matias Fernandez and Lucho Gonzalez instead of people like Henderson and Bangura ???

Guess it differs or maybe different patch?

wfc-4ever
29-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Just seems weird on my game they get people such as Matias Fernandez and Lucho Gonzalez instead of people like Henderson and Bangura ???

Guess it differs or maybe different patch?

Bangura was wanted by many clubs after a great year on loan at leeds.

Most notably man city have bought Zhirkov, faubert, arshavin, santa cruz, srna, milner, jonas, inler and steven taylor. They pay stupid prices, these are the worst milner for £30m and santa cruz £41m

Y&P
29-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Got the ******* for christmas. I'm doing all right after 15 games or so, but i'm on a poor little run and now a board takeover's put my job in jeopardy.

StuBoy
29-12-2008, 09:43 PM
oh god! I've posted on a football manager thread, woe is me etc etc......this must make me a '**** or something. I'm gutted I didn't add to that conversation on the now closed thread. Few things ever really wind me up on these boards, but reading that thread just now did. Who cares if others like things that annoy some people. A few FM threads here and there, big deal. Good grief some people really do make a mountain out of a mole hill (I shall mention no names).

Chewitt
29-12-2008, 10:25 PM
oh god! I've posted on a football manager thread, woe is me etc etc......this must make me a '**** or something. I'm gutted I didn't add to that conversation on the now closed thread. Few things ever really wind me up on these boards, but reading that thread just now did. Who cares if others like things that annoy some people. A few FM threads here and there, big deal. Good grief some people really do make a mountain out of a mole hill (I shall mention no names).

Look what you've done, this will be up the top of the 'new posts' and 'today's post' list.

wfcwarehouse
29-12-2008, 11:52 PM
I've decided to do the honourable thing at Brentford and resign, still keeping a shred of dignity intact by not getting the boot.

I'm going to start a new game and hope for a bit more success.

wfcwarehouse
30-12-2008, 12:53 AM
I've taken the reigns at Blackpool. Let's see how this goes.

luke_golden
30-12-2008, 04:43 AM

You are an animal Stu, an absolute animal with no regard for others and their inability to look sideways by a few centimetres.

It's utterly pathetic. They complain about us playing the game, but i think it's a lot sadder that us playing the game and wanting to talk about it - within it's own sub-section no less - is actually an issue for some people. Saddens me to think people can be so completely and utterly pedantic because they have nothing better to do.

wfcwarehouse
30-12-2008, 10:45 PM
I've decided to do the honourable thing at Brentford and resign, still keeping a shred of dignity intact by not getting the boot.

I'm going to start a new game and hope for a bit more success.

I told the board that in my first season I'd battle to avoid relegation and was given a 300k budget to work with. Blackpool have a decent little squad but I'm still looking for fresh blood to bring in.

Got Ireland as playable, theres a few decent youngsters.

INS:

Robbie Fowler 85k
Jack Collison (Loan)
Paul Dunphy (Free Transfer - in December)
Gerardo Vonder Putten (Free Transfer - in January)

OUTS:
Keith Southern (Doncaster 275k)
Danny Coid (MK Dons 85k)
Claus Jorgensen (Bristol City 85k)

Theres still 2 weeks until the start of the season so I'm hoping to get a few more names in.

wfc-4ever
30-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Cant be arsed to do my watford premiership career so i might do hull, stoke or west brom have a relegation battle.

Cude>2<
31-12-2008, 01:49 AM
I told the board that in my first season I'd battle to avoid relegation and was given a 300k budget to work with. Blackpool have a decent little squad but I'm still looking for fresh blood to bring in.

Got Ireland as playable, theres a few decent youngsters.

INS:

Robbie Fowler 85k
Jack Collison (Loan)
Paul Dunphy (Free Transfer - in December)
Gerardo Vonder Putten (Free Transfer - in January)

OUTS:
Keith Southern (Doncaster 275k)
Danny Coid (MK Dons 85k)
Claus Jorgensen (Bristol City 85k)

Theres still 2 weeks until the start of the season so I'm hoping to get a few more names in.

Look in Bohemians mate, Brennigan I think his name is. Useful little player.

Harrow Orn
31-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Starting a new game with Bristol Rovers, hopefully I can get them into the Premiership in 3-4 years time.

Chewitt
31-12-2008, 02:53 AM

I blundered my way through another 16 games before finally getting sacked after a simply disastrous spell, i'd lost the dressing room long before my reign came to an end, i couldn't raise funds and was struggling to score goals.

Applied for a few jobs that came to nothing then with the side rooted to the bottom of the BSS and 11 points off safety with 13 games left Bromley gave me a job.

1 point from my first two games isn't ideal but i've got 11 games to go to cut back the now 12 point gap to safety, a few loanees have been rushed in from Crystal Palace and Stevenage but the odds are against me and i could be jobless come May.

Irish Hornet
01-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Started with Watford and was given a budget of 150k, first thing I done was sell DeMerit to Fulham for 1.3 mil. I then brought in Musampa and Smertin (free) and signed Bohemians keeper Brian Morphy for about 200k including add ons etc. A week later I brought in Geary for 200k and sold Bangura to Donny for 400k. Brought in Merida and Williams on loan from Arsenal, neither maid much of an impact.

Priskan, Musampa, Kasiak, Mariappa, Bromby, and keeper Murphy all performed excellently and a great run from october to January took us from 19th to 5th.

Jenkins, Lewis Young and Hoskins were all loaned out.

We continued to preform above ourselfs and the rookie irish manager was quick becoming a legend on 3000 a week.

Evenually promotion was sealed on the final day as Doncaster scored late on against Cardiff and we drew 1-1 away to Relegation fighting Preston.

Mariappa was named fans player of the year and I was given a new contract worth 3500k a week.

The board gave me 1.2 million transfer budget and the club suffered a loss of 3 million for the year.

Im currently negotiating deals with Henrik Larsson, Caleb Folan and Liam Miller(all free).

Also hopefully signing Adam Johnson(swap with hoskins ans money) and Rasiak.

Anyone know any cheap good players?

Cude>2<
01-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Started with Watford and was given a budget of 150k, first thing I done was sell DeMerit to Fulham for 1.3 mil. I then brought in Musampa and Smertin (free) and signed Bohemians keeper Brian Morphy for about 200k including add ons etc. A week later I brought in Geary for 200k and sold Bangura to Donny for 400k. Brought in Merida and Williams on loan from Arsenal, neither maid much of an impact.

Priskan, Musampa, Kasiak, Mariappa, Bromby, and keeper Murphy all performed excellently and a great run from october to January took us from 19th to 5th.

Jenkins, Lewis Young and Hoskins were all loaned out.

We continued to preform above ourselfs and the rookie irish manager was quick becoming a legend on 3000 a week.

Evenually promotion was sealed on the final day as Doncaster scored late on against Cardiff and we drew 1-1 away to Relegation fighting Preston.

Mariappa was named fans player of the year and I was given a new contract worth 3500k a week.

The board gave me 1.2 million transfer budget and the club suffered a loss of 3 million for the year.

Im currently negotiating deals with Henrik Larsson, Caleb Folan and Liam Miller(all free).

Also hopefully signing Adam Johnson(swap with hoskins ans money) and Rasiak.

Anyone know any cheap good players?

Check out Carbonaro, got him on a free. But that was a few seasons later. Check the Scottish teams out. Chris Porter is pretty handy. Darren (i think his name is) Barr is also pretty useful too. Try getting John Fleck if no one else has him yet.

wfc-4ever
01-01-2009, 05:17 PM
fleck one year in cost me £3 million for watford

Cude>2<
01-01-2009, 07:02 PM
I have successfully kept Millwall up :xmascheesy:

However probably did it with the least amount of points possible.

Entering my last game now against Arsenal so doubt i'l get anymore points.

hornet91
01-01-2009, 07:13 PM
I have done pretty well with my Watford team, I finished 7th in the Championship without bringing in any players due to a transfer block by the board because of a takeover.

I've just started my second season with the new chairman giving me about £20million in transfer funds to get us promoted this season... if I don't i fear i will be most likely sacked.

Irish Hornet
01-01-2009, 07:25 PM
I have done pretty well with my Watford team, I finished 7th in the Championship without bringing in any players due to a transfer block by the board because of a takeover.

I've just started my second season with the new chairman giving me about £20million in transfer funds to get us promoted this season... if I don't i fear i will be most likely sacked.
20 million:eek:

hornet91
01-01-2009, 08:27 PM
don't take notice of my league position, when I took the screenshot I had not played a game in the season =)

wfc-4ever
03-01-2009, 09:19 PM
don't take notice of my league position, when I took the screenshot I had not played a game in the season =)

Who did you waste all that money on?

Cude>2<
03-01-2009, 09:23 PM
With the 31 million Budget I only spent about 15 mill of it. Currently 5th in the league in December. Bought in Ched Evans on a free, Artem Milevskiy roughly 9mill or something. And a regen Left back.

wfcwarehouse
04-01-2009, 12:09 AM

Ho-hum, f**k that for a game of soldiers. It was utterly diabolical. I lost patience after galling loss to Notts County in the league cup.

I'm currently downloading the patch so may try a Watford game on it.

One of these games has to be a success sooner rather than later! ;)

Evasive
04-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Talking of Cups, I was delighted to make it through to the 3rd Round of the FA Cup after beating Rochdale away from home, Tommy Mooney and Kevin Phillips getting one each, Sir Tommy getting his after coming off the bench.

My delight was short lived though, as I drew Liverpool at home. Well at least it will bring in some money I suppose. I did want one of the L1 or L2 teams so that I could have a chance of an upset, and keep the cup run going as my team seem to be in a good vein of form because of it.

A defeat to Liverpool (Inebbitible according to Kim Jong Il) might cause some disruption.

The day of the Liverpool game was upon the Bath team.

The match started badly and the home team ended up 2-0 down after 11 minutes. Yossi Benayoun and Andriy Voronin strolling through the home defence unopposed.

We managed to hold it at 2-0 until the 23th minute when Kevin Phillips was brought down in the box by Martin Skrtl. The referee showed the defender the red card and up stepped Krystian Pearce to halve the deficit. After 30 minutes, a long ball down the middle was knocked down to Ben Wilkinson and he rolled it in to bring the scores level.

An encouraging team talk at half time gave the team some spirit to try and get that magic goal against the 10 men of Liverpool, and we snatched the victory with an hour on the clock when Dean Morgan turned Jamie Carragher and finished low into the corner.

A brilliant performance from the Blue Square Premier team to knock the former European Champions out of the FA Cup. I was in complete shock and will await the fourth round draw to see who is next on the list to slip up at Bath-time.

StuBoy
04-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Well you'll all be ever so pleased to hear over Xmas I finally won the Blue Square South at the third time of asking. My 4-1-3-2 formation worked a treat and I have the right mix of players. Despite a blip in the middle of the season where we managed to lose about 4 games in a row 0-1 and 1-0 we ended up winning the league with exactly 100 points, 12 ahead of our nearest rivals Forest Green Rovers.

In the close season both Bristol Rovers and Cheltenham came sniffing at my door and Bristol even offered me a job. Now normally I'd be tempted but their finances were insecure, so this would have meant going into the football league but being in an even worse financial position than St Albans! So after much thought I turned it down and will focus on trying to bring league football to the City. In pre-season I have managed to sign both Paul Rodgers on a free from Arsenal (he had been with me two seasons on loan already) and Jason Rowe from Reading (again on loan last season, my DMC) I have also made some other astute and young signings, so watch this space we could be the dark horses in the Blue Square Premier next season!

Dark horses indeed. After only one season in the BSP I have achieved promotion through the playoffs! I finished 3rd and beat Dorchester on penalties at Wembley. At last success, and I can't quite believe I've got St.Albans into the football league, especially after my couple of seasons bumming around in the Blue Square South! Now the question is do I stay for the league campaign or do I move onto pastures new...........?

DublinOrn
04-01-2009, 08:36 PM
I got sacked in my first season while I'm 7th with 6 games left because of a board take over who wanted Pardew as boss.

Was the best team from January onwards too. Couldn't believe it.

albangura9
04-01-2009, 08:58 PM
My tenure as Sierra Leone manager has thus far been a success with a friendly win, a 6-1 thrashing over Equatorial Guinea and a draw, putting me in second place in my 2nd round qualifiers, and through to the next round. If I win the next round then I will have guided SL to a world cup, but first I must finish top of a group consisting of Guinea, Rwanda and Ghana. I must try to grap a point if I'm lucky against Ghana and win the other matches hoping that Ghana lose a few points along the way. Overall, I'm not expecting to get through to the world cup, but it is definately not out of the question.

Bantamoi (Dortmund)
Kargkbo (Willem II)
Sankoh (FC Grongingen)
Sama (Unattached)
Conteh (AlbinoLeffe)
Kallon (Wolves)
Bangura (Watford)
Medo (HJK)
Wobay (U Craiova)
Kabba (Blackpool)
Kpaka (Germinal Beerschot)

Overall, a decent team, however the other squad players are not up to the standard of the starting team (mostly playing in finland, and some in Belgium), with the exception of Jovir (Unattached),Taylor (BK-46) and Kamara (Houston).

Y&P
04-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Dark horses indeed. After only one season in the BSP I have achieved promotion through the playoffs! I finished 3rd and beat Dorchester on penalties at Wembley. At last success, and I can't quite believe I've got St.Albans into the football league, especially after my couple of seasons bumming around in the Blue Square South! Now the question is do I stay for the league campaign or do I move onto pastures new...........?

Stay! You're a legend around the city. I've hard rumours of a statue outside the Waterstones.

Cude>2<
04-01-2009, 11:44 PM

Leave it Stu, it's a shytehole round there. You owe it to yourself to find a better team.

HORNETCP
04-01-2009, 11:50 PM

Stay... League 1 beckons...

Evasive
04-01-2009, 11:53 PM
The day of the Liverpool game was upon the Bath team.

The match started badly and the home team ended up 2-0 down after 11 minutes. Yossi Benayoun and Andriy Voronin strolling through the home defence unopposed.

We managed to hold it at 2-0 until the 23th minute when Kevin Phillips was brought down in the box by Martin Skrtl. The referee showed the defender the red card and up stepped Krystian Pearce to halve the deficit. After 30 minutes, a long ball down the middle was knocked down to Ben Wilkinson and he rolled it in to bring the scores level.

An encouraging team talk at half time gave the team some spirit to try and get that magic goal against the 10 men of Liverpool, and we snatched the victory with an hour on the clock when Dean Morgan turned Jamie Carragher and finished low into the corner.

A brilliant performance from the Blue Square Premier team to knock the former European Champions out of the FA Cup. I was in complete shock and will await the fourth round draw to see who is next on the list to slip up at Bath-time.

Got Southend away in the 4th round. A smash and grab 2-0 victory for the visitors (Phillips and Wilkinson) sees me into the 5th Round.

Wem-ber-ley, Wem-ber-ley....

Y&P
05-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Leave it Stu, it's a shytehole round there. You owe it to yourself to find a better team.

**** off. Clarence Park is the theatre of dreams.

His Royal Hornet
05-01-2009, 12:08 AM
**** off. Clarence Park is the theatre of dreams.

More like the theatre of druggies outside the stadium.

Y&P
05-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Druggies? In Clarence Park? They aren't allowed across the main road.

In fact, I have a story that is both funny and sad. My friend organised a charity match between his school team and the school staff at Clarence Park for the charity of a student who died a few years ago. At my advice he asked Danny ****tu to come an give out the trophy. Being a nice guy, our Dan agreed.

He actually turned up for the whole game, which was nice. But his entrance was delayed by the fact that as he drove his Beemer into the Clarence Park Car Park a policeman stopped him and asked to see his papers.

We're a funny sort in STA.

nak108
05-01-2009, 01:31 AM
My tenure as Sierra Leone manager has thus far been a success with a friendly win, a 6-1 thrashing over Equatorial Guinea and a draw, putting me in second place in my 2nd round qualifiers, and through to the next round. If I win the next round then I will have guided SL to a world cup, but first I must finish top of a group consisting of Guinea, Rwanda and Ghana. I must try to grap a point if I'm lucky against Ghana and win the other matches hoping that Ghana lose a few points along the way. Overall, I'm not expecting to get through to the world cup, but it is definately not out of the question.

Bantamoi (Dortmund)
Kargkbo (Willem II)
Sankoh (FC Grongingen)
Sama (Unattached)
Conteh (AlbinoLeffe)
Kallon (Wolves)
Bangura (Watford)
Medo (HJK)
Wobay (U Craiova)
Kabba (Blackpool)
Kpaka (Germinal Beerschot)

Overall, a decent team, however the other squad players are not up to the standard of the starting team (mostly playing in finland, and some in Belgium), with the exception of Jovir (Unattached),Taylor (BK-46) and Kamara (Houston).

I dont really play the game but this thread is an interesting read but I would have thought that Albert Jarrett and Umaru Bangura would have been in your team.

Are they just rubbish in the game?

wfcwarehouse
05-01-2009, 01:31 AM
Got Southend away in the 4th round. A smash and grab 2-0 victory for the visitors (Phillips and Wilkinson) sees me into the 5th Round.

Wem-ber-ley, Wem-ber-ley....

Stunning scenes for Bath.

Y&P
05-01-2009, 01:32 AM
But suspicions of match-fixing. Or adding a manager in charge of liverpool and putting pennant in goal when 2 down.

Evasive
05-01-2009, 10:21 AM
But suspicions of match-fixing. Or adding a manager in charge of liverpool and putting pennant in goal when 2 down.

But like Derby and Norwich, everyone involved with the management in Bath refute any claims that odd betting patterns in China had anything to do with the result.

DrewH
05-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Any screenshots Evasive?

Evasive
05-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Any screenshots Evasive?

Will happily put one up when I get home.

Cude>2<
05-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Will happily put one up when I get home.

Including who the current Liverpool boss is? ;)

DrewH
05-01-2009, 01:19 PM

:]]

Chewitt
05-01-2009, 01:26 PM
I blundered my way through another 16 games before finally getting sacked after a simply disastrous spell, i'd lost the dressing room long before my reign came to an end, i couldn't raise funds and was struggling to score goals.

Applied for a few jobs that came to nothing then with the side rooted to the bottom of the BSS and 11 points off safety with 13 games left Bromley gave me a job.

1 point from my first two games isn't ideal but i've got 11 games to go to cut back the now 12 point gap to safety, a few loanees have been rushed in from Crystal Palace and Stevenage but the odds are against me and i could be jobless come May.

Bromley was a complete failure, the team was absolute dross with no real ability or fight, we only won one game whilst i was at the helm and that was when i was 'on holiday' and my assistant actually won the game :]]

As expected i was sacked when it came towards the new season and Bromley were relegated out of a playable league, so i thought taking over a newly promoted club would be fun.

I duely applied for the Merthyr Tydfil job which they offered me and i accepted, so with just me, the chairman and 4 youth players at the club i had a wage budget of 4K per week and no transfer funds to build a squad which actually went very well. So much so i was still 2.6K under budget and was able to move some of that into the transfer kitty to give me 50K in the kitty for future use.

All players were snapped up on frees after being released by mainly football league clubs but a couple of Prem rejects as well....

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j271/chewitt_photos/MerthyrTransfers.jpg?t=1231158153

It's mainly a young side with just 4 players over 22 but i feel the league one and championship experience of Keith Briggs will be crucial whilst David Gilroy has been there and done it at this level, over the past two season in this league he's scored 40 goals in 80 games.

With no real expectations for the league the pressure is off with the board just wanting us to 'enjoy the experience of participating in the BSS' :cool:

luke_golden
05-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Fiston Manuella. A former Aylesbury legend who i believe was sent off 3 games in a row once. If my memory serves me correctly of course.

Chewitt
05-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Fiston Manuella. A former Aylesbury legend who i believe was sent off 3 games in a row once. If my memory serves me correctly of course.

Haha outstanding, any of that for me and he's gone.

Evasive
05-01-2009, 02:56 PM

Happily.

wfc-4ever
05-01-2009, 06:00 PM
F-cking hell chewitt about 13 in all on free's and no one out

albangura9
05-01-2009, 06:52 PM
I dont really play the game but this thread is an interesting read but I would have thought that Albert Jarrett and Umaru Bangura would have been in your team.

Are they just rubbish in the game?

Albert Jarret is rubbish, and is not even in the 26 man squad. There are 2 Umaru Banguras on the game, and the one who was/is linked with us currently playing Honefoss is a decent player at AMC/AMR, but is not a starting player.

wfc-4ever
05-01-2009, 07:11 PM
WTF!!!! I completely dominated!! What the f_ck happened. Three nil down after 5 minutes. Every chance they got they scored meite and barnett were ********. I should have won 6-2, daniele vantaggiato missed great chances.
Owen 3 goals out of three shots! Be f-cking realistic, for starters him getting a hat-trick is already unrealistic. :rant:

WTF!!!! :rant:

Chewitt
05-01-2009, 07:35 PM
F-cking hell chewitt about 13 in all on free's and no one out

Errr read my post again.

wfc-4ever
05-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Errr read my post again.

Didn't read it all first time round, how did they only have 4 youth players

Evasive
05-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Screenshots of Rafa Benitez as Liverpool manager and the result in Liverpool's fixture list.

Will you please just be nice to me now :sad1:

wfc-4ever
05-01-2009, 08:27 PM
I would have never questioned you evasive

Chewitt
05-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Didn't read it all first time round, how did they only have 4 youth players

They'd just been promoted into the BSS, all sides that come up into BSS/BSN have no players/staff.

wfc-4ever
05-01-2009, 08:30 PM
They'd just been promoted into the BSS, all sides that come up into BSS/BSN have no players/staff.

I admire your bravery on football manager

albangura9
05-01-2009, 08:36 PM
I admire your bravery on football manager

It's good fun starting a team from scratch. I did it with Maidstone and am currently 6th. It's a big challenge, but rewarding when things go right.

Evasive
05-01-2009, 08:49 PM
My FA Cup dream came to an end, like all good things.

Home against West Ham, Dean Ashton put West Ham in front on the half hour and we never recovered. Still, the fifth round is not bad for a Blue Square Premier team.

Y&P
05-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Is your name actually Evasive Actions?

StuBoy
05-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Fiston Manuella.

Quite possibly the most amazing first name ever.

StuBoy
05-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Thought I'd put some screen shots up for once showing my Blue Square Premier triumph and my current St Albans squad ready for the teams first assault on the football league!

Y&P
05-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Good to see you've completely demolished the saints team that we all know and love. be ruthless with the rest, but for gods sake, you cannot possibly jettison lee clarke.