PDA

View Full Version : Fm09!

luke_golden
14-11-2008, 06:29 PM
If only i could just play the game, but the new online authentication thing is going horribly wrong.

Assuming it's down to the volume of people trying to register their game, especially as people start getting home from work about now as well, but still, you'd have thought they'd take into account the fact that there would be hundreds of thousands of people trying to do it.

Seems like a total farce at the moment, stories of people trying to install it for 8 hours and getting nothing more than a message telling them they need a new keycode, or that their internet isn't connected when it quite clearly is.

Oh how i long for the days gone by when you put the disk in, clicked next a couple of times and away you go.

How's it going for everybody else?

Bubble
14-11-2008, 07:19 PM
If only i could just play the game, but the new online authentication thing is going horribly wrong.

Assuming it's down to the volume of people trying to register their game, especially as people start getting home from work about now as well, but still, you'd have thought they'd take into account the fact that there would be hundreds of thousands of people trying to do it.

Seems like a total farce at the moment, stories of people trying to install it for 8 hours and getting nothing more than a message telling them they need a new keycode, or that their internet isn't connected when it quite clearly is.

Oh how i long for the days gone by when you put the disk in, clicked next a couple of times and away you go.

Not purchased it myself, but a few mates of mine have had exactly the same problems.

Apparently SI games are looking into it.

DMR
14-11-2008, 07:55 PM

Same here mate, I googled it and it seems everyone else is having the same problem!

RussWatford
14-11-2008, 08:22 PM
What a farce. Its not necessairy to have a key there in the first place, did they honestly not test it! What a joke.

DMR
14-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Why did they have to add steam? arghhhhhh :rant:

matimbers
14-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Same problem here but I tried earlier today as off ill and was still the same oroblem at 10am. The misses is going to make me watch children in need now, instead, doh!

Bubble
14-11-2008, 09:48 PM
One of my mates has apparently got it working.

DMR
14-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Same problem here but I tried earlier today as off ill and was still the same oroblem at 10am. The misses is going to make me watch children in need now, instead, doh!

Oach!

The Hornet
14-11-2008, 09:57 PM
From Sega regarding the issues:

SEGA are aware that there have been some problems with the activation of Football Manager 2009 today. This has been due to a combination of issues relating to the printing of keycodes and the huge demand for the game

A solution is in place and is starting to clear the problem, we are confident that the issue will be solved today. The chances of successful authentication are increasing hourly. At this point consumers still experiencing difficulties are advised to leave a 10 minute gap between authentication attempts.

SEGA apologises for the disappointment caused by the problems with activating the game and asks for Football Manager fans to remain patient.
(http://www.facebook.com/inbox/updates.php#)

Chewitt
14-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Currently downloading via Steam, hopefully shouldn't have any problems activating once it's finished. Seems the SI website/forums are down, can't get on their site.

The Hornet
14-11-2008, 11:19 PM
Well any issues must be fixed, as I've just installed the game, authenticated it online (not through stream) and installed the patch with no problems and took 15 minutes :)

Chewitt
14-11-2008, 11:47 PM
No problems here either, did it through Steam and was all done and dusted within 20 minutes :D

pauls yellow army
14-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Well any issues must be fixed, as I've just installed the game, authenticated it online (not through stream) and installed the patch with no problems and took 15 minutes :)

has the patch improved the game, as i found with all the injuries the game was almost unplayable.

The Hornet
15-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Don't know about injuries yet but still freezes on full screen mode when you submit the team

Chewitt
15-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Lucky i play in windowed mode then :D

luke_golden
15-11-2008, 02:37 AM
Mine is up and running now, and luckily i play in windowed mode as well so haven't experience the freeze problem.

But it seems the problems are still persisting as another mate of mine is having the same problems.

Chewitt
15-11-2008, 03:09 AM
This is turning into a vintage late night FM sesh, i'm frustrated one minute, elated the next :D

wfcwarehouse
15-11-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm not sure how this whole steam business works? I'm going to be heading into town after the cup draw to get the game and not sure what I have to do...anyone want to let me know what I'm in for?

Desmond
15-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Is it worth getting?
How much does it cost this year?

The Hornet
15-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm not sure how this whole steam business works? I'm going to be heading into town after the cup draw to get the game and not sure what I have to do...anyone want to let me know what I'm in for?
You don't have to do it by Steam you can still do it online via uniloc, the advantage of steam is that you will get the patches straight away otherwise you will have to download them yourself.
I opted for the non steam approach and have had no problems.

Is it worth getting?
How much does it cost this year?
Definatly worth getting.
If you shop around should be able to pick it up for around 25

Bubble
15-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Purchased one last night from Sainsburys for 29.97.

Haven't had chance to download it yet. May well do it over the weekend at some point or next week.

Aberystwyth_Hornet
16-11-2008, 12:43 PM
I've heard people moan about the 3d highlights...As i haven't played the demo either i'm guessing they aren't amazing but i imagine they are a step in the right direction (could be awesome in a couple of years!)

I wasnt too happy with 08, so this is the first season i'm in two minds about getting it...

luke_golden
16-11-2008, 01:03 PM
I think the 3D is superb Aber. In terms of graphics, it's not fantastic, but that's not what it's there for, it just adds a whole new dimension (pun intended) to the goals you score, the runs you see players making etc. Has given the tactical side of things a boost as well because you get a much clearer idea of what is going on down on the pitch.

I was the biggest sceptic, i loved those little 2D blobs, but literally it took half a friendly to win me over.

UEA_Hornet
16-11-2008, 01:05 PM
How much development/fine tuning does it need in your opinion? If any, is it patchable or something to work on for the next version?

(I've not bought 09 yet and was so disappointed by 08 I'm holding off 'til I've heard some opinions from others)

matimbers
16-11-2008, 02:02 PM
I definately need a new laptop as the 3D thing definately doesn't work well on an old one, if you are going to but the game, make sure your computer is very decent. Once I actually managed to install the game, I find it better than the last Football Manager but you definately need to download the patch straight away before playing it as there was stupid injury issues and that straight away.

StuBoy
16-11-2008, 02:36 PM
I had no problems, but then again I did install it yesterday and not Friday (as I was out drinking myself stupid), but I have heard people were struggling. It ashame why can't we just use the good old fashioned method? No matter what they do people will still pirate the game! Having said this from what I've played so far I'm enjoying it!

wfcwarehouse
16-11-2008, 03:48 PM
I've gone back to the 2d engine for the time being. I found the 3d engine lagged far too much for my liking during the pre-season friendlies. I've got a relatively new laptop so I'm not too sure what the problem is, as theres also a fair amount of memory on it.

StuBoy
16-11-2008, 04:30 PM
I've gone back to the 2d engine for the time being. I found the 3d engine lagged far too much for my liking during the pre-season friendlies. I've got a relatively new laptop so I'm not too sure what the problem is, as theres also a fair amount of memory on it.

It's more than likely your graphics card memory warehouse. I played the demo on my pc with a graphics card with 256mb of memory and the game was juddery. Last week I invested in a 512mb card (49.99) and now it works pretty much perfectly. To be honest having a 512 card for a game like football manager is a bit much seeing as in the most part everything just consists of letters and numbers!!

YellowYoda
16-11-2008, 04:32 PM
I got it from HMV 27.99