PDA

View Full Version : 8-Ball Champion Question

krisvad
14-10-2008, 02:41 PM
How does this game count the score?

Today (again) I putted a stribe on the break and went on to choose solids/spots and put them all including the 8-ball - in sequence. The computer never got to the table.

Now to me that ought to be somewhere near the best possible result however my score was some 6-800 short of Ian's record and my own previous best.

I have tried sussing how the scores are calculated but I can't find any link between sequencial putting and scores.

Help?

Defunct
14-10-2008, 02:42 PM
I have no idea. I know that if you pot a few balls on the break you get points, then go for the other set.

Ian
23-10-2008, 02:36 PM
It seems to me the highest scores are achieved if you have an unbroken sequence and only pot 1 ball at a time. I suspect that shot difficulty may come into it but have no solid proof.

Oh... one more big tip. Don't pot a ball first shot, but only continue playing if the computer fails to pot also. I have a spot picked for the break that works nicely and lines up most of the solids.

krisvad
23-10-2008, 03:33 PM
It seems to me the highest scores are achieved if you have an unbroken sequence and only pot 1 ball at a time. I suspect that shot difficulty may come into it but have no solid proof.

Oh... one more big tip. Don't pot a ball first shot, but only continue playing if the computer fails to pot also. I have a spot picked for the break that works nicely and lines up most of the solids.
I have a spot for the break where I always pot at least one ball. But that isn't an advantage is how I understand your last comment?

It's a crap way of scoring - seems way too random.