PDA

View Full Version : San Marino

Harrow Orn
07-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Try playing with them, I haven't found a good challenge in ages but i thought why not give the worst team in Europe a go, so i did and it hasn't been bad. My record is Won: 2 Drawn: 4 Lost: 11

My worst loss was to Germany which was 7-1, to be fair i had 9 men after 40mins. MY best result was a 1-0 loss to Czech Republic, very pleasing. I've beaten Lienchiestein(sp?) and Andorra and see my self 2nd last in World Cup qualifiers. You should give it a go, a real good test, can you get them to a world cup or euros?

jpROOKERYwfc
14-08-2008, 11:58 PM
that is a challenge, try other teams like turkemenistan and malaysia, thats a challenge

Chewitt
15-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Although with those teams JP, the standard of opposition is weaker thus less of a challenge, San Marino come up against some of the best sides in the world and get f**ked over everytime ;)

Evasive
20-08-2008, 10:40 PM
I started a San Marino game after seeing this thread.

Beat Cyprus (H), Czech Republic (H), Wales (H) and Slovakia (H) all 2-1. Drew with Slovakia (A) 4-4. Lost against Iceland (A) 0-3 and Liechenstein (A) 0-2 in friendlies.

I developed especially for this game a longball tactic with 4 defenders, 2 defensive midfielders and 4 up front and did quite well while it was a suprise tactic. Now I am starting to get found out and am going back to the usual San Marino results and performances.

Also I have been handed an absolute barsteward of a WCQ group.

Just this moment I have lost 0-4 to Israel.

Chewitt
22-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Are you able to play in the San Marino league ?

Evasive
22-08-2008, 12:25 AM
No, you can play as the San Marino team that compete in the Italian Serie C2 but that is part of the Italian League.

The San Marino nation is who I am playing as. I did choose the load all players from San Marino option at start up though..

Harrow Orn
12-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Forgot to update on what happened with my San Marino game.

Basically I've been with them for three years, winning 6, drawing 4 and losing 22. My best result was a win against Ukraine, 1-0 penalty in the 1st minute then went ultra defensive, it worked!

European qualifying group is practically impossible for me, with Russia, Spain and Italy in it I cant see myself even playing as i know the outcome. Plus my biggest win was 4-2 against Yemen in a friendly. Played Brazil in a friendly and lost 9-2.