PDA

View Full Version : April Fool 2008 WFCForums: Announcement

Defunct
31-03-2008, 11:17 PM
You have probably noticed some enforced downtime over the weekend and this evening, (Monday). Whilst the server move was true, it was not exactly as we led you to believe. We have in-fact moved all the forum software over to the servers at WatfordFC.com, (you may have noticed they were also offline for 2 hours on Saturday). The bulk of the move was done on Saturday but the downtime tonight was to enable the WatfordFC.com site to link into the forums and make some quick tests.

The tests are now complete. The forums are where they belong at last. More information when we get the go ahead to say, hopefully Thursday.

lm_wfc
01-04-2008, 12:09 AM
:o:party1::sign15:
Want to gloat to gloryhorns anyone?

kingjames77
01-04-2008, 12:17 AM
You have probably noticed some enforced downtime over the weekend and this evening, (Monday). Whilst the server move was true, it was not exactly as we led you to believe. We have in-fact moved all the forum software over to the servers at WatfordFC.com, (you may have noticed they were also offline for 2 hours on Saturday). The bulk of the move was done on Saturday but the downtime tonight was to enable the WatfordFC.com site to link into the forums and make some quick tests.

The tests are now complete. The forums are where they belong at last. More information when we get the go ahead to say, hopefully Thursday.

You gits..... this means Ive got to go back and be all nice again or risk being done in the allotments by some heavies.

You've sold us out Admin ;)

PFCFitz,YellowArmy
01-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Does this mean we are "official" now?

I can't say **** **** **** **** or damn now?

kingjames77
01-04-2008, 12:26 AM
So many questions........

sexybadger
01-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Does this mean that the actual forum will be moved to watfordfc.com?

orns4life
01-04-2008, 12:42 AM
:]]:]]:]] o dear....

Birdydoug
01-04-2008, 01:13 AM
April Fool

Johnno
01-04-2008, 02:35 AM
lol beat me to it birdy!!

skeggyhornet
01-04-2008, 06:27 AM
APRIL FOOL

afanof
01-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Nice one!:]]

afanof
01-04-2008, 08:11 AM
From the BBC gossip column. The organisation is obviously so convinced of 'dumbing down' that it felt the need to tell readers to check the date. :rolleyes:

England coach Fabio Capello believes it might be easier for his players to learn Italian than him to speak English. (The Sun) (check the date...)

StuBoy
01-04-2008, 08:30 AM

I smell a whooosh coming on. Or maybe your replies were sarcastic?!

luke_golden
01-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Haha. Can't believe people fell for it. Cracking work Admin.

sexybadger
01-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Erm....yeah I was being sarcastic....

*cough*

:]]

Good one admin

Cude>2<
01-04-2008, 10:50 AM
To be honest I'm half asleep but saw right through it straight away, you must try harder :dismay:

In future you may want to put www.watfordfc.premiumtv.com or whatever it is?

Round_the_Corner
01-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Complete THICKOS.

B-i-C. A SUPERB EFFORT.

Defunct
01-04-2008, 12:05 PM
OK, it's midday now so all April Fools are OFF.

Credit must go to Hornmeister for the original plan and for this page (http://www.wfcforums.com/images/misc/watfordfchomepage020408.jpg), and to the rest of the mods for working out the best way to plan the attack.

The server move at the weekend was GENUINE, but the hours downtime last night was most definately FAKE. We had a nice time with the forum all to ourselves for a change. We think more of you fell for it than actually posted :]]

Hornmeister
01-04-2008, 12:40 PM

You aint gonna get away with it that easily.:]]

wfcwarehouse
01-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Good work chaps :]]

PFCFitz,YellowArmy
01-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Oh no, I fell for it.

In my defense, it was only halfway through March 31st when this thread came to my view. Who springs an April fool on March 31st?

Kernunnos
01-04-2008, 04:42 PM
I actually got a phone call today, from a certain poster, telling me about wfcforums merging with the official site and declaring: "...this is Graham Simpsons way of regulating what is being said about the club online..."

Hornmeister
01-04-2008, 06:03 PM
I actually got a phone call today, from a certain poster, telling me about wfcforums merging with the official site and declaring: "...this is Graham Simpsons way of regulating what is being said about the club online..."

:cool::]]

Defunct
01-04-2008, 06:18 PM

Name and shame Kernunnos.

orns4life
01-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Being the genius i am i clocked it straight away (after quickly checking the official site)

Harrow Orn
01-04-2008, 07:14 PM
lol very good, i totally forgot about april fools today :(

watford_pyro
01-04-2008, 07:16 PM
a very good april fools

YellowYoda
01-04-2008, 07:27 PM
yep there is a whoosh coming

You gits..... this means Ive got to go back and be all nice again or risk being done in the allotments by some heavies.

You've sold us out Admin ;)

it's coming............

wait for it...........

:whoosh::whoosh::whoosh::whoosh:

Aberystwyth_Hornet
01-04-2008, 09:54 PM
I always check the net first thing in the morning but don’t post, fortunately for me my homepage is newsnow which had nothing on it. Still very well done because I think there is a strong chance I’d have been caught hook line and sinker

I spent my journey into work double checking the metro to making sure I didn’t get caught out, and I don’t think there was anything in there! Best effort in the tabs was the Sun about Capello getting all the England players to learn Italian – have a look at some of the comments here: :]]
http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/0,17033,8749,00.html

Defunct
01-04-2008, 10:16 PM
I spent my journey into work double checking the metro to making sure I didn’t get caught out, and I don’t think there was anything in there!

Apart from the new dog deterrent built into new BMW's on page 3. Apparently if a dog approaches the new BMW and ***** it's leg, it'll get a mild electric shock. There was a picture of a car and a mildly smoking dog next to it.

We'd definately have got you :]]

Hornmeister
01-04-2008, 10:17 PM
I always check the net first thing in the morning but donít post, fortunately for me my homepage is newsnow which had nothing on it. Still very well done because I think there is a strong chance Iíd have been caught hook line and sinker

I spent my journey into work double checking the metro to making sure I didnít get caught out, and I donít think there was anything in there! Best effort in the tabs was the Sun about Capello getting all the England players to learn Italian Ė have a look at some of the comments here: :]]
http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/0,17033,8749,00.html

You didn't get caught out by the dog electrifying BMW did you?:eek:

Aberystwyth_Hornet
01-04-2008, 10:44 PM
You didn't get caught out by the dog electrifying BMW did you?:eek:

Was that in the metro? (edit Oh yeah so it is - always ignore the article on that page!!) I heard about it somewhere else, and no i didn't :cool:

There were some very good ones today though - and on the bbc website it has a list of the ones that could (maybe should) be April fools but weren't
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7324127.stm