PDA

View Full Version : Ask Hornmeister

Hornmeister
15-11-2006, 11:24 PM
As I know everything, I wondered if anyone had any questions for me?

I qudos point if I get stumped.;)

Defunct
16-11-2006, 08:37 AM
I'd like to know the following...

If my TV remote stops working, then I remove the batteries and put them back in to the oposite positions why does it always start working again?

The Hornet
16-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Whats the Difference between a Holden Monaro and a Vauxhall Monaro?

Hornmeister
16-11-2006, 10:07 AM

If my TV remote stops working, then I remove the batteries and put them back in to the oposite positions why does it always start working again?

A couple of possibilities:

Batteries supply power as a product of a chemical reaction. The action of changing the batteries may dislodge deposits on the electrodes within the batteries or stir up the chemicals to obtain a little more reaction. The same effect may occur if you tap the remote on the arm of your chair a couple of times and ry pressing the button again.

Power drain may be different in each battery chamber of the remote. This is possibly down to small variations in operating voltage tollerances of transistors within the electronics of the remote. This means that one battery may discharge slightly quicker than the other.

The infra red pixies inside the remote have stolen some charge from one of the cells to run their heaters that keep them warm overnight.

Hornmeister
16-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Whats the Difference between a Holden Monaro and a Vauxhall Monaro?

Apart from the minor technical differences to conform to the relavent road transport regulations the Holden Monaro's components are correctly orientated for the Southern Hemisphere market whereas The Vauxhall Monaro correctly has it's wheels situated at the bottom to conform to the Northern Hemisphere operating environment.

The Hornet
16-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Apart from the minor technical differences to conform to the relavent road transport regulations the Holden Monaro's components are correctly orientated for the Southern Hemisphere market whereas The Vauxhall Monaro correctly has it's wheels situated at the bottom to conform to the Northern Hemisphere operating environment.

LOL!

The only difference between the 2 Vehicles is the Badge.

wfchornet2
16-11-2006, 10:28 AM

Because your remote is playing games with you because you use it too much and it fancied playing with your mind???

wfchornet2
16-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Why is it when my right butt cheek itches and i scratch it it stops itching but it makes my hand smell funny?

Hornmeister
16-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Why is it when my right butt cheek itches and i scratch it it stops itching but it makes my hand smell funny?

Although suffereing two distinctly separate symptoms, the root cause can be attributed to one single issue.....

Your right butt cheek probably itches due to your questionable personal hygene. After scratching it your hand smells probably also due to your questionable personal hygene.

Might I suggest using soap in future?

Defunct
16-11-2006, 01:44 PM
What will happen to the main boards?

Hornmeister
16-11-2006, 04:09 PM
What will happen to the main boards?

The main boards will be closed down a couple of days ago.

Defunct
16-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Name 1 of the numbers that will be drawn in the EuroMillions game tomorrow night worth £120million so I can have an advantage.

Hornmeister
16-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Name 1 of the numbers that will be drawn in the EuroMillions game tomorrow night worth £120million so I can have an advantage.

Whilst I do have a vast intellect and this can be used to predict future events based on calulations of probability I am afraid that I am not Clairvoyant (She left me a few years ago) and as such am not able to give you the winning numbers as no number is statistically more likely to be drawn than any other. I might offer a couple of observations though....

Do not pick the same numbers as me, my track record in playing the lottery is poor.

Try picking lucky star numbers between 1 and 9

I find that more often than not, there will be at least two consecutive numbers drawn.

albangura9
16-11-2006, 05:25 PM
1)what is the meaning of life?

2) Who invented peanut butter?

3)Would you rather be in a room with an wounded badger or an agry clown?

wfchornet2
16-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Although suffereing two distinctly separate symptoms, the root cause can be attributed to one single issue.....

Your right butt cheek probably itches due to your questionable personal hygene. After scratching it your hand smells probably also due to your questionable personal hygene.

Might I suggest using soap in future?

wow.. what a good idea... thanks... will give it a go... lmaoooo
ok i asked for that!! lmao

wfchornet2
16-11-2006, 07:13 PM
What is the wind speed veloscity of an african swallow carrying a coconut?

(there is a mathematically correct answer to this which i know... lets see if you can get it right)
am sending a private message to admin with the correct answer now to prove i am not BSing.. lol

Hornmeister
16-11-2006, 08:28 PM
1)what is the meaning of life?

2) Who invented peanut butter?

3)Would you rather be in a room with an wounded badger or an agry clown?

1) 42

2) My Son Pat

3) An interesting question. If the Badger had 4 broken legs I could easily out run it. However there is a risk of disease. An angry clow could well try to soak me with water or worse still try and perform a mime act. I think I'd rather be in a room with both. I could pick up the badger by it's tail and use it as a weapon against the clown, thus making my escape in the clown's comedy car, assuming I could keep the dorrs from falling off.

Defunct
16-11-2006, 08:31 PM
I find that more often than not, there will be at least two consecutive numbers drawn.

You're future here depends on it ;D

Hornmeister
16-11-2006, 08:44 PM
What is the wind speed veloscity of an african swallow carrying a coconut?

(there is a mathematically correct answer to this which i know... lets see if you can get it right)
am sending a private message to admin with the correct answer now to prove i am not BSing.. lol

According to Monty Python, It's a simple question of weight ratios. In order to maintain air speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings 43 times every second. Unfortunatley a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut, even if it gripped the husk in it's beak it would not have the strength to pull off such a feat and therefore not be able to generate the requisite wing beat rate to attain bouancy.

Any wind speed of the Swallow needs to be considered from two possible starting positions.:

1) coconut is applied to swallow mid flight. As previosuly stated it would not be possible for the swallow to support the weight therefore according to Newton's, laws of motion the unfortunate bird would plummet towards the earth. At any time during it's trajectory, it's speed can be calculated by usign the formula:

s = ut+1/2 atsquared

where s = speed, u = inital velocity, t = time, and a = aceleration (assumed 9.8m/s/s, acceleration due to gravity)

it's trajectory would folow a parabolic path.

This is of course negating affects of wind resistance and terminal velocity.

2) Coconut is applied to swallow at rest on the ground. As previosuly detailed the swallow does not possess sufficient potential to develop enough kinetic energy to carry the coconut therefore wind speed attained would be zero. If the coconut is applied to the swallow whilst perched, see solution 1.

WatfordÉire
16-11-2006, 09:01 PM
translate 'Teacher, can i go to the toilet please?' in irish;)

Defunct
16-11-2006, 09:10 PM
According to Monty Python, It's a simple question of weight ratios. In order to maintain air speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings 43 times every second. Unfortunatley a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut, even if it gripped the husk in it's beak it would not have the strength to pull off such a feat and therefore not be able to generate the requisite wing beat rate to attain bouancy.

Any wind speed of the Swallow needs to be considered from two possible starting positions.:

1) coconut is applied to swallow mid flight. As previosuly stated it would not be possible for the swallow to support the weight therefore according to Newton's, laws of motion the unfortunate bird would plummet towards the earth. At any time during it's trajectory, it's speed can be calculated by usign the formula:

s = ut+1/2 atsquared

where s = speed, u = inital velocity, t = time, and a = aceleration (assumed 9.8m/s/s, acceleration due to gravity)

it's trajectory would folow a parabolic path.

This is of course negating affects of wind resistance and terminal velocity.

2) Coconut is applied to swallow at rest on the ground. As previosuly detailed the swallow does not possess sufficient potential to develop enough kinetic energy to carry the coconut therefore wind speed attained would be zero. If the coconut is applied to the swallow whilst perched, see solution 1.

I nominate the above post as post of the month. Superb ;D ;D ;D

wfchornet2
16-11-2006, 09:11 PM
1) 42

2) My Son Pat

3) An interesting question. If the Badger had 4 broken legs I could easily out run it. However there is a risk of disease. An angry clow could well try to soak me with water or worse still try and perform a mime act. I think I'd rather be in a room with both. I could pick up the badger by it's tail and use it as a weapon against the clown, thus making my escape in the clown's comedy car, assuming I could keep the dorrs from falling off.

42 is in fact the answer to the ultimate question of life the universe and everything.. the problem being that noone ever said what the qestion was... could it really have been as simple as "how many roads must a man walk down?" lol (Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy trilogy in 4 parts, part 4 "so long and thanks for all the fish".)

wfchornet2
16-11-2006, 09:14 PM
I nominate the above post as post of the month. Superb ;D ;D ;D

I have to agree... that was pure quality.

WatfordÉire
16-11-2006, 09:16 PM
meister is online now and still hasn't answered my question! he must be nervous

Hornmeister
16-11-2006, 09:24 PM
translate 'Teacher, can i go to the toilet please?' in irish;)

múinteoir, an dtig dul ar na leithreas, ledothoil?

Apologies if the grammar is a little off, it's years since I've been to the loo.

Hornmeister
16-11-2006, 09:32 PM
lol (Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy trilogy in 4 parts, part 4 "so long and thanks for all the fish".)

... 5 parts, "Mostly Harmless" was the last installment of the increasinlgy innacuratly described trilogy. Not as good as the previous four in my opinion.

Defunct
16-11-2006, 09:33 PM

Apologies if the grammar is a little off, it's years since I've been to the loo.

That's klingon not Irish.

Anyway, what's a good red wine for under a tenner?

wfchornet2
16-11-2006, 09:37 PM
... 5 parts, "Mostly Harmless" was the last installment of the increasinlgy innacuratly described trilogy. Not as good as the previous four in my opinion.

Havent seen mostly harmless... will have to check it out, I love that series of books and i think is required reading for anyone into scifi comedy... was very dissapointed with the film adaptation out recently.. did nothing for the book at all and there were far too many details missing, for example Zaphod beeblebrox's second head and third arm.
However i have yet to notice you admit that the answer you gave to the question initiating this responce was flawed!!! lol

wfchornet2
16-11-2006, 09:41 PM
That's klingon not Irish.

Anyway, what's a good red wine for under a tenner?

the klingon language is somewhat different... for instance
Where is the bathroom?/nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'

Your mother has a smooth forehead!/Hab SoSlI' Quch! (please note if you say this to a klingon friend he might well take his bauchlaak out or even tell you too bIjatlh 'e' yImev

Hornmeister
16-11-2006, 09:45 PM
However i have yet to notice you admit that the answer you gave to the question initiating this responce was flawed!!! lol

Apologies I read too much into your question. I begrudgingly give you a half qudos point but fine you a quarter for being picky and earn another quarter back for the following definition therefore balancing my books;D

What is the meaning of life? It is a 1983 film directed by Terry Jones & Terry Gilliam, Starring John Cleese and the rest of the Monty Pyton team.

Next question please?

wfchornet2
16-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Apoogies I read too much into your question. I begrudgingly give you a half qudos point but fine you a quarter for being picky and earn another quarter back for the following definition therefore balancing my books;D

What is the meaning of life? It is a 1983 film directed by Terry Jones & Terry Gilliam, Starring John Cleese and the rest of the Monty Pyton team.

Next question please?

so what your in fact saying is i get nothing for catching you out???
omg you are tighter than a camels azz in a desert sand storm.. lol

Defunct
16-11-2006, 09:50 PM
With Christmas parties around the corner, what's the best chatup line?

wfchornet2
16-11-2006, 09:52 PM
With Christmas parties around the corner, what's the best chatup line?

See this face? it leaves at 10 be on it!! lol (never worked for me but always funny)

Hornmeister
16-11-2006, 09:59 PM
The most successful line I have used to date is:

"They call me Fred Flintstone, Cos I make your bed rock"

Defunct
16-11-2006, 10:11 PM
The most successful line I have used to date is:

"They call me Fred Flintstone, Cos I make your bed rock"

THAT WORKED? LMAO. This thread is great entertainment.

Hornmeister
16-11-2006, 10:13 PM
THAT WORKED? LMAO.
Not in it's own, I needed to show my Wilma

Defunct
16-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Not in it's own, I needed to show my Wilma

Then Bam Bam?

wfchornet2
16-11-2006, 10:45 PM
Then Bam Bam?

thankyou ma'am
lmao

WatfordÉire
17-11-2006, 12:40 AM

That is one way of saying it i suppose but it's not gramatically correct. irish is a funny language as nearly everything is said backwards.

"Gabh mo leithscéal a mhúinteoir, an bhfúil cead agam dul go dtí an leithreás? would be correct;)

other useful irish phrases:

Phóg mo tóin- kiss my @rse
Is aobhíonn liom watford- i love watford
Is fuaith liom l***n- take a guess??
Ciúnas, an amaidach duine- quiet!, you stupid person

Nuair a imrionn muid sa europe,
seo an rud a cás muid,
fuair muid marlon,
fuair muid marlon,
fuair muid marlon king!

wfchornet2
17-11-2006, 03:37 AM
That is one way of saying it i suppose but it's not gramatically correct. irish is a funny language as nearly everything is said backwards.

"Gabh mo leithscéal a mhúinteoir, an bhfúil cead agam dul go dtí an leithreás? would be correct;)

other useful irish phrases:

Phóg mo tóin- kiss my @rse
Is aobhíonn liom watford- i love watford
Is fuaith liom l***n- take a guess??
Ciúnas, an amaidach duine- quiet!, you stupid person

seo an rud a cás muid,
fuair muid marlon,
fuair muid marlon,
fuair muid marlon king!

Now why doesnt that suprise me!!! lol

Hornmeister
17-11-2006, 08:24 PM

Not a bad stab though? Bet you didn't know I was semi-bi-lingual

Hornmeister
17-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornmeister http://www.wfcforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?p=5301#post5301)

You're future here depends on it ;D

https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/i/balls/euro_12.gif https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/i/balls/euro_22.gif https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/i/balls/euro_32.gif https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/i/balls/euro_33.gif https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/i/balls/euro_36.gif https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/i/balls/luckystar_2.gif https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/i/balls/luckystar_6.gif

32 & 33, get in!

Defunct
17-11-2006, 11:06 PM
https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/i/balls/euro_12.gif https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/i/balls/euro_22.gif https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/i/balls/euro_32.gif https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/i/balls/euro_33.gif https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/i/balls/euro_36.gif https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/i/balls/luckystar_2.gif https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/i/balls/luckystar_6.gif

32 & 33, get in!

You gave the impression that it was the lucky stars that came out next to each other so I got 03 & 04 :eek: Maybe the miserable mod should come into play?

Hornmeister
17-11-2006, 11:06 PM
And I won bugger all not a penny:mad:

Defunct
17-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Ditto.

Hornmeister
17-11-2006, 11:20 PM
4 lines and had all the lucky stars apart from 2:mad:

Spose my advice of picking numbers I don't still runs true.

Damn, just realised I've got to go to work again on Monday:(

WatfordÉire
17-11-2006, 11:57 PM
what do ya think of my marlon chant?

Hornmeister
18-11-2006, 08:11 AM
what do ya think of my marlon chant?

Not bad but a bit tricky to sing when half cut (most of the time;D ) The main problem is we aint got him for the rest of the season.:(

WatfordÉire
18-11-2006, 01:45 PM
seo an rud a cás muid,
fuair muid marlon,
fuair muid marlon,
fuair muid marlon king!

translate to 'when we play in europe(ie next season)
this is what we'll sing
we've got marlon
we've got marlon
we've got marlon king!'

Defunct
21-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Hornmeister, what mod should I install here next? There's so many to pick from I'm all confused like.

Echo
21-11-2006, 11:02 AM
See this face? it leaves at 10 be on it!! lol (never worked for me but always funny)

I like it;)

but I wouldn't be surprised if you got a few slaps for that one:eek:

wfchornet2
21-11-2006, 11:30 AM
I like it;)

but I wouldn't be surprised if you got a few slaps for that one:eek:

Funny you should say that.... that was the normal respince i got!! only hurts the first couple of times though!! lol

Hornmeister
21-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Hornmeister, what mod should I install here next? There's so many to pick from I'm all confused like.

The give Hornmeister shed loads of vCash mod.;D

Defunct
21-11-2006, 12:02 PM
The give Hornmeister shed loads of vCash mod.;D

mmmm, can't find that one!

wfchornet2
21-11-2006, 12:14 PM
mmmm, can't find that one!

look under miscellaneous.. subfolder:never gonna happen.. think you'll find it there... lol

Defunct
21-11-2006, 12:17 PM
look under miscellaneous.. subfolder:never gonna happen.. think you'll find it there... lol

Got it. Thanks.

removed
21-11-2006, 12:20 PM
I lost a fiver yesterday do you know where it is?

wfchornet2
21-11-2006, 12:24 PM

If its the one with the queens head on it sorry i thought it was mine... its in my wallet!!

Hornmeister
21-11-2006, 12:26 PM

It will be in the last place you look.

jobr
21-11-2006, 12:27 PM

Did you give it to a strange man and forget????

The Hornet
21-11-2006, 12:36 PM
a strange man ????
Is that how you describe yourself! :p

jobr
21-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Is that how you describe yourself! :p

No i don't take money off children ;)

Defunct
21-11-2006, 03:53 PM
No i don't take money off children ;)

My kids are better off than me, I wouldn't hesitate!

WatfordÉire
21-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Not a bad stab though? Bet you didn't know I was semi-bi-lingual

not bad at all. which translater did you use?;)

Hornmeister
21-11-2006, 06:41 PM
not bad at all. which translater did you use?;)

Translater? A terrible slur on my character, you'll be hearing from my solicitor.

WatfordÉire
21-11-2006, 06:54 PM
are you telling me you speak fluent irish when only about 50% of all irish ppl can only say a few words? i got an 'A' in irish in my junior cert (your equevilent to GCSE). if you do, give us a bit more of your bi- lingual ability! ;)

Hornmeister
21-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Nope, I said I was semi bi-lingual

WatfordÉire
21-11-2006, 07:35 PM
not 1 phrase you would like to say?

Hornmeister
21-11-2006, 07:45 PM
not 1 phrase you would like to say?

This is good;D

bheith ar an ól, bheith ar na cannaí;

Echo
21-11-2006, 07:47 PM
As I know everything, I wondered if anyone had any questions for me?

I qudos point if I get stumped.;)

What is my shoe size?

Hornmeister
21-11-2006, 08:08 PM
What is my shoe size?

Within half a size of your other shoe size.

Echo
21-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Within half a size of your other shoe size.

very clever

ok what is the maximum recommended depth that advanced padi divers should dive to?

Hornmeister
21-11-2006, 08:14 PM
very clever

ok what is the maximum recommended depth that advanced padi divers should dive to?

Approximately 1/10th of a furlong however I think you may find this is one subject that Andy Johnson is more knowledgable on than me.

Echo
21-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Approximately 1/10th of a furlong however I think you may find this is one subject that Andy Johnson is more knowledgable on than me.

lol

close, an open water diver can go 1/10 of a furlong an advanced can go down to 0.15 of a furlong, do I get a kudos point for that?

WatfordÉire
21-11-2006, 08:33 PM
This is good;D

bheith ar an ól, bheith ar na cannaí;

Maith an feár- Good man yourself;)

Hornmeister
21-11-2006, 08:43 PM
lol

close, an open water diver can go 1/10 of a furlong an advanced can go down to 0.15 of a furlong, do I get a kudos point for that?

I did say approximately?

Half a point, all I can say is people that pick rice must have bloody long legs.

Defunct
21-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Where is the interest rate going in the next few months, up or down? I need to know because I'm thinking of re-mortgaging on your advice!

Echo
21-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Where is the interest rate going in the next few months, up or down? I need to know because I'm thinking of re-mortgaging on your advice!

up

Echo
21-11-2006, 08:50 PM
I did say approximately?

Half a point, all I can say is people that pick rice must have bloody long legs.

approximately? you were 50% out ;)

sorry straight over my head, why must they have long legs? I thought they bent down when they were harvesting it?

Hornmeister
21-11-2006, 08:51 PM

Get a fixed rate mortgage and for you it will not change.

Defunct
21-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Get a fixed rate mortgage and for you it will not change.

Wise words grasshopper. I shall do exactly that.

Hornmeister
21-11-2006, 10:44 PM
approximately? you were 50% out ;)

sorry straight over my head, why must they have long legs? I thought they bent down when they were harvesting it?

Hooorrrah! Faith gets a woosh;D or was it my fault for an extremely tenuous joke:(

If you can padi dive over 60m down when you harvest the rice in a paddy field then you are either a very good swimmer or are standing on long legs or stilts. See what I did there, play on words Paddy - Paddi? I thank you, I'm here all week, also available for children's parties etc etc.

I'll get my coat:(

removed
21-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Frw questions to test you

What came first the chicken or the egg?
Will Henderson ever score in the premiership?
Is god real?
Who should be my next signing on football manager?
What should i get my mum for christmas?

Hornmeister
22-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Frw questions to test you

What came first the chicken or the egg?
Will Henderson ever score in the premiership?
Is god real?
Who should be my next signing on football manager?
What should i get my mum for christmas?

The chicken. Quite clearly the word "or" preceeds the words "the egg" but follows the words "the chicken." Unless you are Chinese however where it would be the other way round.

Hendo has already scored in the premiership. I have polariods to prove that he scored several times last week.

An interesting question. In answering "is God real" one has to define the words "real" and "God".
According to the OED:
God
• noun 1 (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and supreme ruler of the universe. 2 (god) a superhuman being or spirit worshipped as having power over nature and human fortunes. 3 (god) a greatly admired or influential person. 4 (the gods) informal the gallery in a theatre.
• exclamation used to express surprise, anger, etc. or for emphasis.

real
• adjective 1 actually existing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed. 2 significant; serious. 3 not artificial; genuine. 4 rightly so called; proper: a real man. 5 adjusted for changes in the value of money; assessed by purchasing power: real incomes had fallen by 30 per cent. 6 Mathematics (of a number or quantity) having no imaginary part.

I guess the best way to find our would be to take God and multiply him/her/itself by him/her/itself and see if the result is a positive (real) or negative (imaginary).

Your next signing on Football Manager should be the best player that your budget will allow that will fit into your team system.

An ideal present for your mum this christmas would be something that shows that you have thought long and hard about getting her the perfect gift and not taken the easy route and asked soembody else what to get her. Alternatively some smellies, jewellery and a box of chocs normally does the trick.

Echo
22-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Hooorrrah! Faith gets a woosh;D or was it my fault for an extremely tenuous joke:(

If you can padi dive over 60m down when you harvest the rice in a paddy field then you are either a very good swimmer or are standing on long legs or stilts. See what I did there, play on words Paddy - Paddi? I thank you, I'm here all week, also available for children's parties etc etc.

I'll get my coat:(

Far too tenuous, no whoosh for me :p

Taxi for hornmeister ;D

Hornmeister
22-11-2006, 01:05 PM
How about a half woosh?

Woo;D

Echo
22-11-2006, 01:12 PM
How about a half woosh?

Woo;D

I get half whoosh and have a kudos point? ok deal

Any good on international accouting standards?O0

firefly
23-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Ok Hornmeister, question for you. How do I get everything I need for living at least a year in a foreign country into 2 suitcases??

Echo
23-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Ok Hornmeister, question for you. How do I get everything I need for living at least a year in a foreign country into 2 suitcases??

Rob a bank, fill the two suitcases with money, then just buy everything you need:cool:

firefly
23-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Rob a bank, fill the two suitcases with money, then just buy everything you need:cool:

ooohh... like your style!

fan
23-11-2006, 11:34 AM
could you compare and explain the political instability experienced in 3rd and 4th republic france, weimar germany and post war italy? (with reference to almond and sartori hopefully)

wfchornet2
23-11-2006, 11:35 AM
could you compare and explain the political instability experienced in 3rd and 4th republic france, weimar germany and post war italy? (with reference to almond and sartori hopefully)

OOOOOH this should be good!! lmao

fan
23-11-2006, 12:14 PM
i hope so. Its in for monday.

Echo
23-11-2006, 12:15 PM
where is hornmeister today? haven't seen him at all

Hornmeister
23-11-2006, 07:40 PM

Get very large suitcases.

Hornmeister
23-11-2006, 07:41 PM

Yes I could.

Hornmeister
23-11-2006, 07:43 PM
where is hornmeister today? haven't seen him at all

Apologies the boss has been working me hard today spending time catching up on all of the posts I've missed.

wfchornet2
23-11-2006, 07:43 PM
Yes I could.

well he didnt ask you to explain it did he... good answer!! lmao

WatfordÉire
23-11-2006, 07:46 PM

buy those strange clear bags you put your clothes in, zip it up and suck the air out of them.

watford1990 accepts no responsibility for damage or complete annihilation of clothes:rolleyes:

fan
23-11-2006, 08:17 PM
prove you could

Hornmeister
23-11-2006, 08:29 PM
prove you could

Prove:

To establish the truth or validity of by presentation of argument or evidence.

Law. To establish the authenticity of (a will).
To determine the quality of by testing; try out.
Mathematics. To demonstrate the validity of (a hypothesis or proposition). To verify (the result of a calculation).
Printing. To make a sample impression of (type).
Archaic. To find out or learn (something) through experience.1 Well it definitly exists http://www.youcould.net/
2 I've tested it and it works
3 I mulitplied it by itslef and the result was positve therefore it's real
4 I'll leave the impressions to mssrs Bremner, McGowan and others
5 Well I (Google) went and found it.

;D

Sir Chez
23-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Answer this question.....

Discuss two ways of reducing prejudice that have been suggested in social psychology? (10 marks)......

jobr
23-11-2006, 10:25 PM

Discuss two ways of reducing prejudice that have been suggested in social psychology? (10 marks)......

Do your own homework.8)

Hornmeister
24-11-2006, 07:27 PM

Not sure whether these have been discussed in social psychology however two ways to reduce prejudice are:

by using the text size widget at the top of this window see:

prejudice

Another way of reducing prejudice would be to put it in a saucepan and let it simmer to thicken.

jobr
20-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Ask Hornmeister

What is yur current height and weight?

Cude>2<
20-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Ask Hornmeister

What is yur current height and weight?

Hahaha

Hornmeister
20-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Ask Hornmeister

What is your current height and weight?

My current height is about 8 feet lower than my computer. AS it is downstairs in the kitchen cupboard with the rest of the dried fruit. IT weighs less than 5g but I can not be more accurate than that as the electronics scales do not go any lower.

Cheers for bumping up this thread by the way had forgotten about it.

Any other questions?

Rookery_'Orn!
21-03-2007, 04:07 PM
My current height is about 8 feet lower than my computer. AS it is downstairs in the kitchen cupboard with the rest of the dried fruit. IT weighs less than 5g but I can not be more accurate than that as the electronics scales do not go any lower.

Cheers for bumping up this thread by the way had forgotten about it.

Any other questions?

What day was i born?

Hornmeister
21-03-2007, 04:22 PM
What day was i born?

Your birthday

Rookery_'Orn!
21-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Your birthday

:rolleyes:

It's a proven fact that toast always lands on the buttered side.

It's also a well known fact that cats always land on thier feet.

SO....

What would happen, if you buttered a cats back and dropped it out the window?

lm_wfc
21-03-2007, 06:33 PM
its not a proven fact ::)

Rookery_'Orn!
21-03-2007, 07:51 PM
its not a proven fact ::)

yes it is lol

Rookery_'Orn!
21-03-2007, 07:54 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A1004725

jobr
21-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Dear Hornmeister

Can you please tell me the difference between an R Whites lemonade drinker and a Cantabrica licker?

Hornmeister
21-03-2007, 08:43 PM

It's a proven fact that toast always lands on the buttered side.

It's also a well known fact that cats always land on thier feet.

SO....

What would happen, if you buttered a cats back and dropped it out the window?

The RSPCA would lock you up.

Hornmeister
21-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Dear Hornmeister

Can you please tell me the difference between an R Whites lemonade drinker and a Cantabrica licker?

One drinks a popular branded carbonated beverage the other goes to away matches by a very cost efficient manner. IT must be noted that the two groups are not mutually exclusive.

Rookery_'Orn!
21-03-2007, 08:46 PM
The RSPCA would lock you up.

If i dropped a cat out the window with its back butterd like toast, would it land on its feet or not?

Hornmeister
21-03-2007, 08:52 PM

If i dropped a cat out the window with its back butterd like toast, would it land on its feet or not?

It would rotate in thin air until it had managed to lick all the butter of then it would of course land on it's feet.

Unfortunately you can not test for this as Murphy's law would come in to play, skewing the result. Unless of course you tried this test to invoke and therefore prove Murphy's law, in which case it would act on the test to prove Murphy's law and hence disprove it, or would that mean that it had proved itself?

albangura9
21-03-2007, 09:36 PM
It would rotate in thin air until it had managed to lick all the butter of then it would of course land on it's feet.

Unfortunately you can not test for this as Murphy's law would come in to play, skewing the result. Unless of course you tried this test to invoke and therefore prove Murphy's law, in which case it would act on the test to prove Murphy's law and hence disprove it, or would that mean that it had proved itself?

lmfao!